• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

People need to stop talking to cops -- pressure cooker=detainment

FattyKrack

Maybe just me here, but I've been cooking for several decades, and have yet to use a pressure cooker in any of it!
So I would be suspicious of a few things. Like what the hell are they cooking, and what does it taste like??

solus

prob mutton and the pressure cooker is used to make the meat more palatable?

ipse

Baked on Grease

A pressure cooker speeds up the cooking process for a ton of foods. Mostly I see it as a time saver. You can make the same dishes in a fraction of the tine you would spend otherwise.

OC for ME

The men were not arrested, but police sources said they remain under investigation.

“They said they found the pressure cookers. I said, ‘Yes, what’s wrong with that?’ ” he recounted.
Indeed, what is wrong with pressure cooker ownership. Hours of detainment is not "arrested" yet they remain under investigation.

Welcome to the Big Apple and North East LE...

WalkingWolf

Maybe just me here, but I've been cooking for several decades, and have yet to use a pressure cooker in any of it!
So I would be suspicious of a few things. Like what the hell are they cooking, and what does it taste like??

We use our pressure cooker at least once a week. In the wintertime every day when we eat a lot of soup every day. Pressure cookers keep most of the heat in the cooker, they cook fast, and even the toughest meat falls apart. Though I have never taken one to a hotel.

XD40sc

How soon will there be a call to require background checks to purchase a pressure cooker?

The British have already called for "long pointed kitchen knives" to be banned since they have become the BG's weapon of choice after the handgun ban.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Someone should make stickers ! Saying:

"Pressure cookers don't kill people...salmonella does !"

I know just the guy for the job...

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Soooo,,, I bought one years ago at a garage sale!
No ID, no receipt, no registration...
Ive never used it, But its there, ready to go, If the time ever comes!
BTW,,,, It IS high capacity,, and it has Black handles!

And it has a weighted "thingy on top that goes up"!!!!

sudden valley gunner

Soooo,,, I bought one years ago at a garage sale!
No ID, no receipt, no registration...
Ive never used it, But its there, ready to go, If the time ever comes!
BTW,,,, It IS high capacity,, and it has Black handles!

And it has a weighted "thingy on top that goes up"!!!!

You found the pressure cooker loophole!....;)