• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two Johnson and Wales University students robbed at gunpoint.

chiefjason

Beat me to it. There is a mini crime spree around there currently. 3-4 armed robberies, a murder, and an attempted child abduction. But uptowns the safe part of Charlotte, right?

Carry24/7

There has been another student robbed there now. It crazy this only like two blocks from the Federal Courthouse. They say violent crime is down in Charlotte but it doesn't seem like it when you watch the news.

Brion

Question. And this is just curiosity because I'm not in college anymore. I also don't have a CC, yet. But I was wondering, because I know you risk having it taken away if yuo get busted. Why not just CC on campus anyway. When faced with potential life threatening situation and lets say it gets to that point. Lets say VT happens again and someone is CCing and takes the mofo out. Yeah shame on him :fingerwag: but lives were saved.

Besides, why would you be searched on campus anyway if you are a law-abiding citizen.

Carry24/7

Question. And this is just curiosity because I'm not in college anymore. I also don't have a CC, yet. But I was wondering, because I know you risk having it taken away if yuo get busted. Why not just CC on campus anyway. When faced with potential life threatening situation and lets say it gets to that point. Lets say VT happens again and someone is CCing and takes the mofo out. Yeah shame on him :fingerwag: but lives were saved.

Besides, why would you be searched on campus anyway if you are a law-abiding citizen.

I'm not going to say I support this but that's a choice one has to make if he/she wants to take that risk of getting caught. And are you truly law abiding if your CCing where your not suppose to?

Brion

I'm not going to say I support this but that's a choice one has to make if he/she wants to take that risk of getting caught. And are you truly law abiding if your CCing where your not suppose to?

Valid. :banghead:

More reason to support campus carry. AND! Should it pass, leave it to the campus to decide if you should carry or not. Then, when the schools says you can't, I still would because then it isn't breaking a law. It's an campus administrative problem at that point.

Carry24/7

I feel we should be able to CC everywhere that's not posted. If your going to trust me enough to carry a gun then trust me enough to take it wherever I go. I'll support a places right to ban me but then I have the right not to go there. If I want to go out to a nice place to eat I shouldn't have to leave my gun in the car because they serve alcohol. I only drink once in a while and never when I'm driving or carrying.

TrailRunner

The real question is whether or not you should abide laws that put your life in danger.

WTFOVER

More reason to support campus carry. AND! Should it pass, leave it to the campus to decide if you should carry or not. Then, when the schools says you can't, I still would because then it isn't breaking a law. It's an campus administrative problem at that point.

And its reasoning like this why it will never get passed in NC. Or, the state passes the law and makes provisions to leave it up to the college to decide if they will let you and if the college says no then its done with. I would be willing to bet 95% or better in NC would say no.

Carry24/7

Make that 3 now

As of Mon April 25, 2011 there have been three 4 students robbed in three different cases. This is why I don't leave home with out my weapon.

And how stupid are these robbers? How many college students do you know that have money that would be worth taking.

Last edited:

Adam H

I feel we should be able to CC everywhere that's not posted.

Just my 2 cents on that, I don't. I think we would be able to CC anywhere, even if it is posted. All the state needs to do is repeal the law prohibiting CC inside a posted area. Unless I'm mistaken, there are a few states in which no firearms signs have no weight. Why shouldn't NC do the same?

Last edited:

Carry24/7

Just my 2 cents on that, I don't. I think we would be able to CC anywhere, even if it is posted. All the state needs to do is repeal the law prohibiting CC inside a posted area. Unless I'm mistaken, there are a few states in which no firearms signs have no weight. Why shouldn't NC do the same?

As much as I like my freedom to carry, I think a person should have the right to not allow me to carry on their property.

papa bear

i think these reports of armed robberies couldn't happen. guns are not allowed on school properties are they?

crimefree030.jpg

maybe we should send them these signs instead

Last edited: