• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cherry Creek State Park (Bloomberg will be there Friday)

RandallFlagg

Is open carry allowed at Cherry Creek State Park?
Michael Bloomberg (Yes, THAT Michael Bloomberg) will be there at noon on Friday during his anti-gun tour.
I was thinking about stopping by to say, "Hi, and FU."
Here's the email I got from RMGO:

This Friday, July 19th, Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s anti-gun group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, will be doing a rally in Aurora as a part of their nationwide “No More Names” gun control tour.

Join us for a peaceful “counter-rally” with other gun rights supporters across the state to tell gun-grabber Bloomberg to keep his hands off of our Constitutional rights.

Here are the details:

Gun Rights Counter-Rally
Friday, July 19th 12:00 p.m.
Smoky Hill Shelter
Cherry Creek State Park (East Entrance)
4201 S. Parker Road
Aurora, Colorado 80014

mobiushky

Is open carry allowed at Cherry Creek State Park?
Michael Bloomberg (Yes, THAT Michael Bloomberg) will be there at noon on Friday during his anti-gun tour.
I was thinking about stopping by to say, "Hi, and FU."
Here's the email I got from RMGO:

This Friday, July 19th, Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s anti-gun group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, will be doing a rally in Aurora as a part of their nationwide “No More Names” gun control tour.

Join us for a peaceful “counter-rally” with other gun rights supporters across the state to tell gun-grabber Bloomberg to keep his hands off of our Constitutional rights.

Here are the details:

Gun Rights Counter-Rally
Friday, July 19th 12:00 p.m.
Smoky Hill Shelter
Cherry Creek State Park (East Entrance)
4201 S. Parker Road
Aurora, Colorado 80014

I gotta type this all again? Crap. (This was because I typed it all up and then the page crashed on me. Not because the topic has been addressed. Sorry about that.)

Sweet Irony is that Cherry Creek is I think the only outdoor public range in the Metro area. So, firearms are definitely allowed. The park rules say that concealed carry is ok, but it doesn't specifically ban open carry. The only reference is to CRS 18, which is the generic criminal code section. IF there is a law in there banning OC in a state park, then OC is banned. It's possible it might be posted at the park, but I don't know since I never go there. I'm checking the CRS to see.

I'm driving out of town on Friday, but I would have loved to have gone.

UPDATE: nothing in CRS 18, Article 12 that deals with firearms prevents or even mentions firearms in state parks. So unless there is a sign at the park specifically banning OC, I can't find anything preventing it.

Last edited:

RandallFlagg

I gotta type this all again? Crap. (This was because I typed it all up and then the page crashed on me. Not because the topic has been addressed. Sorry about that.)

Sweet Irony is that Cherry Creek is I think the only outdoor public range in the Metro area. So, firearms are definitely allowed. The park rules say that concealed carry is ok, but it doesn't specifically ban open carry. The only reference is to CRS 18, which is the generic criminal code section. IF there is a law in there banning OC in a state park, then OC is banned. It's possible it might be posted at the park, but I don't know since I never go there. I'm checking the CRS to see.

I'm driving out of town on Friday, but I would have loved to have gone.

UPDATE: nothing in CRS 18, Article 12 that deals with firearms prevents or even mentions firearms in state parks. So unless there is a sign at the park specifically banning OC, I can't find anything preventing it.

I was thinking about calling them to ask, but I don't want to give them any kind of warning that Bloomie's opposition will be there, and tell them.
I'll video everything that I can and post it on my YouTube channel -if anything actually happens.
(It'd be great if a few of those sheriffs who are suing would be there with me)

RandallFlagg

OC is totally legal there. We had an OC meet-and-greet there some years ago.

EXCELLENT!
I'll be there around 9AM, if anyone else wants to meet me, you'll recognize me from my profile pic:
It's on my right arm.

I also sent messages and left voice-mails on the GunTalk site, Talking Lead, and the Independence Institute's Jon Caldera.
Hopefully, we can make them look like the asses that they are.

If you come, PLEASE bring something to video the event. iPhone, pocketcam, etc....

Troy bilt

I would not care what group ask me not to open carry. If is lawful I would carry openly.:banghead:

Keens

I MAY come and participate, depending if OC is allowed at Cherry Creek State Park. I can't afford to be hassled or detained, nor afford a lawyer. Cherry Creek State Park is really close to Denver territory, if not inside Denver territory, so gotta make sure! I know the border is very close! I try to stay the hell away from Denver, or even close to Denver, and if I have to stray around the land of the PDR of Denver, I CC.

Has anyone here OCed at Cherry Creek State Park lately? If so, how did it go?

Blessings,

Keens

PikesPeakMtnMan

I MAY come and participate, depending if OC is allowed at Cherry Creek State Park. I can't afford to be hassled or detained, nor afford a lawyer. Cherry Creek State Park is really close to Denver territory, if not inside Denver territory, so gotta make sure! I know the border is very close! I try to stay the hell away from Denver, or even close to Denver, and if I have to stray around the land of the PDR of Denver, I CC.

Has anyone here OCed at Cherry Creek State Park lately? If so, how did it go?

Blessings,

Keens

See post #4