• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Abramski is lost, Kennedy goes with the liberals

davidmcbeth

Banned
...in fact, the truth about 11a WOULD have made the sale unlawful...Abramski's uncle was not a resident of the state where the FFL was doing business... <snip>

Perhaps they "forgot" about that argument .. or they would have been forced to say that the law is unconstitutional too.

OC4me

Despite Adamski's conviction, nothing in the holding precludes a future plaintiff from suing the ATF to have the 'straw purchase' question removed entirely as it clearly has no legal basis to be on the form in the first place (a fact that the dissent made obviously clear).

I would hope that the NRA, SAF or some other organization would litigate this, but I would guess that they have a lot on their plate already.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Despite Adamski's conviction, nothing in the holding precludes a future plaintiff from suing the ATF to have the 'straw purchase' question removed entirely as it clearly has no legal basis to be on the form in the first place (a fact that the dissent made obviously clear)...

Too bad we couldn't have had a better defendant.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You missed the operating portion of the sentence: "... go ahead and knock yourself out and let us know what part." I was busy, but gave you a good starting place with the reference to the CFR, since you asked.

I didn't miss anything; I asked you for a reference for a claim YOU made. I consider it moot, but just showing the lack of proof.

PeterNSteinmetz

I agree that a better solution in the long run is to get the law requiring these silly forms repealed. The SCOTUS is having a hard time with reasonable interpretation of many parts of the constitution recently.