• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SALEM RALLY 9 FEB 2015 The Heirs of Patrick Henry

We-the-People

This event is about ALL rights, not just firearms or Open Carry, and the challenges we will be facing over the next two years with a fully democrat party controlled legislature and executive.

Open Carry is welcome (though it is not THE emphasis of rally). That said, I'm certain there will be a lot of second amendment supporters and open carriers present.

I am on the planning committee though by no means the lead.

Feel free to join The Heirs of Patrick Henry on Facebook. It is an open group. However, recognize that it is NOT firearms specific.

Last edited:

We-the-People

BUMPING

The Rally is MONDAY the 9th of FEBRUARY. I hope to see a lot of folks there.

If you see a guy in a bright orange Carhart coat with a snake wrapped around a boot.....say hello.

Ken56

Reciprocity

I would hope that there is an effort in Oregon in the lines of state reciprocity. As long as we have licensing in this country we will have to deal with the issue. I am not hopeful on a national reciprocity ever happening. We all know that ideally adhering to the spirit and intent of the constitution would be nice but will never happen either. Because of some states laws I will not visit them or spend my money in them in any way. Its disappointing that Oregon does not recognize any other states licenses as I would love to see your beautiful state. Good luck with the rally.

Jeff. State

Banned
I would hope that there is an effort in Oregon in the lines of state reciprocity. As long as we have licensing in this country we will have to deal with the issue. I am not hopeful on a national reciprocity ever happening. We all know that ideally adhering to the spirit and intent of the constitution would be nice but will never happen either. Because of some states laws I will not visit them or spend my money in them in any way. Its disappointing that Oregon does not recognize any other states licenses as I would love to see your beautiful state. Good luck with the rally.

Law enforcement nationwide need to start honoring their Oaths and recognizing the 2nd Amendment IS "National Reciprocity". All "laws" prohibiting open carry and concealed carry are unconstitutional.

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed".

It's that simple.

Last edited:

Ken56

Law enforcement nationwide need to start honoring their Oaths and recognizing the 2nd Amendment IS "National Reciprocity". All "laws" prohibiting open carry and concealed carry are unconstitutional.

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed".

It's that simple.

I fully agree with you on this but as I said before, as long as we have a licensing system (in most states) then we have to work within those parameters. You are free to carry your firearm in New Jersey or New York City or Washington D.C. if you wish. You can always invoke the 2nd amendment is my "license" in your defense. Let us know how that works.

Last edited:

We-the-People

would like to thank those that attended the Rally yesterday. While we didn't have a large crowd, it was known from the beginning of planning that holding in on a weekday, in the winter, would preclude a major turnout. With the cold, rain, and wind, we were happy to see as many as did make it.

While the Internet is awash with hopolophobes berating the patriots that turned out as "extremists", "gun nuts", and all other manner of name calling and emotional pleas for more gun control, I am yet to read a cogent argument from that side of the fence. Fallacious arguments are, after all, not5 legitimate arguments and that appears to be all they can muster.

I do get a kick out of those screaming "you didn't have hundreds show up". When I hear that "argument" I think calmlyl of the Thugs with Jugs (aka MOMS) functions where, on a clear, warm, weekend day, they might get a dozen "supporters" (in quotes because they have to include the children drug along in order to get even that meager number).

Congratulations to the lucky winner of the raffle grand prize, a brand new AR15 constructed of donated and purchased parts on a Bushmaster lower. He was a VERY happy camper and he was still there at the end when it was awarded!!!! How rewarding to see the smile on his face!!!!!!