• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OU student suspended

RenkaiWulf

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arti...4f39b18194ddf121577498.txt?viewmode=fullstory
i dont know if any of you get the oakland press but the story in the paper(for some reason very very different from the online version)
the paper version in todays issue of the oakland press says that his side of the story is that he got suspended for writing the essay
in the paper article it also has a statement from the Teacher i will now quote said article

"...but according to an email sent by Mitzenlfeld and released to the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education a free speech advocacy group, after a Freedom of Information Act request was sent to the university, there may be another reason Corlett was suspended.
According to the email Mitzenfled wrote ,"Due to our recent discovery that Joseph Corlett has made his gun obsession obvious to other colleagues and has managed to make himself known in negative ways to so many other females on campus, I am feeling increasingly uncomfortable and unsafe. As he has written letters to our school newspaper defending the right to carry concealed weapons on campus, I cannot feel safe knowing that he might have a weapon on him at anytime."
Oakland University officials are not releasing comments on the situation." - End quote

not sure if this is right to post here but i thought it was interesting as well as that the paper and online articles are quite different and the online one does not mention guns as far as i saw and only focuses on this as if it were a sexual harassment
Comments?

PS i was not able to watch the video online so i do not know what was said in that

Last edited:

RenkaiWulf

he shouldn't have been open carrying on campus. it's against the law.

when did i say he was open carrying on campus i was stating that the teacher said in an email part the reason for him being suspended was "he has written letters to our school newspaper defending the right to carry concealed weapons on campus," so your not allowed to even say you think ppl should be allowed to carry on campus
free speech my ass.

Last edited:

griffin

I know this guy! And his wife, too.

He screwed me over on a quartz counter job with poor performance. I trusted him because he was recommended and I have a working relationship with his wife.

Last edited:

griffin

She is the head of safety for one of the large international contractors I hire. What's she like? Well, from the article apparently she doesn't give him sex.

Curious why this story is posted on OCDO since it has nothing to do with OCing.

Last edited:

RenkaiWulf

She is the head of safety for one of the large international contractors I hire. What's she like? Well, from the article apparently she doesn't give him sex.

Curious why this story is posted on OCDO since it has nothing to do with OCing.

Sorry if im off topic posting this here i dont know this guy nor do i care to

my reason for posting on a Pro 2A site such as this is because of the fact that part of the reason for him being suspended was because he wrote to the school newspaper about his OPINION on the right to carry a concealed weapon on campus

maybe this should be moved to http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?140-GMU-Students-For-Concealed-Carry (BTW same forum, dealing with concealed carry on campus)
so if a mod would like to move or delete it feel free
Sorry if i offended anyone here

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
when did i say he was open carrying on campus i was stating that the teacher said in an email part the reason for him being suspended was "he has written letters to our school newspaper defending the right to carry concealed weapons on campus," so your not allowed to even say you think ppl should be allowed to carry on campus
free speech my ass.
you didn't. i guess this thread is in the wrong forum then...:cool:
but i guess if part of his reason for suspension was weapons related, then it's ok. :lol:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/let_it_rip/let-it-rip-the-issue-of-free-speech-20120216-ms
Seems he may be getting the shaft. Watch this video and decide.

See a picture here, she is cute.
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3000...university.htm

Though spelled different in a another source this may be the instructer.

Pamela Mitzelfeld

Title: Special Lecturer; Associate Director, Writing Center
Office: 212 Kresge Library
Phone: (24
icon_cool.gif
370-3120
E-mail: ptmitzel@oakland.edu
Degrees
M.A. Oakland University

Major Fields
Business Writing; Advanced Composition

griffin

my reason for posting on a Pro 2A site such as this is because of the fact that part of the reason for him being suspended was because he wrote to the school newspaper about his OPINION on the right to carry a concealed weapon on campus
But the story you posted did not say anything about a gun, firearms, or firearm carry. That's why I asked.

This story has been popping up all over now. I had a guy in Indiana post this to a music forum I am a member of. I asked him the same thing. Apparently there are OTHER stories that do mention firearms. The one you posted is not one of them. That's what confused me.

I have been in contact with others in the construction industry that know him or his wife. They are all talking about it. Latest rumor is he might be going on Dr. Phil. Srsly.

Edited to add: I just noticed you added additional info after the story about him supporting CC on campus. I just read and reread the news story and couldn't figure out where a gun came into this. Also, one other story I read mentioned that he apparently talked about or wrote about sleeping naked next to his gun. There are a number of stories, and some have different or new additional info.

Last edited:

griffin

Venator, thanks for posting that video. As the story comes out it does appear he may be getting the shaft. I know him as a dishonest person, though, so this doesn't change my opinion of him.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Venator, thanks for posting that video. As the story comes out it does appear he may be getting the shaft. I know him as a dishonest person, though, so this doesn't change my opinion of him.

And just because one (maybe justified) views another as dishonest does not mean that the system here is not abusing him and his rights. Don't read this as a dis toward any here, thanks.

griffin

And just because one (maybe justified) views another as dishonest does not mean that the system here is not abusing him and his rights.
I agree.

This guy is totally untrustworthy. I know others who also know him who feel the same way. However, that does not mean he isn't being treated unfairly in this case.

Too bad a tool happens to be the poster child for 1A and 2A right now. I have a problem with untrustworthy people being in this position.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
I agree.

This guy is totally untrustworthy. I know others who also know him who feel the same way. However, that does not mean he isn't being treated unfairly in this case.

Too bad a tool happens to be the poster child for 1A and 2A right now. I have a problem with untrustworthy people being in this position.

Unfortunately, WE don't get to pick the ones who get to become "poster child"! LOL