• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date

Gunslinger

Consent can only be obtained without coercion.

How the #(%& can you say that coercion didn't exist when..

1. You're surrounded by a lot of officers, 10+
2. These officers have firearms drawn and pointed at you.
3. These officers have removed you from your vehicle, at gunpoint.
4. Officers have handcuffed you, taken you from the immediate area of your vehicle, and sat you down, ordering you not to move.

and, most likely...

5. Said that if they didn't get permission to search, that they'd be there a LOT longer, or they'd tow/impound the car, get a warrant, etc etc etc... or worse yet, that it'd be obstruction..

I don't see how they can say ANY search was consensual when you just had multiple people point guns at you, showing their ready to use force... WITHOUT cause, showing that they don't care about your rights....

No court would issue a search warrant with absolutely 'no cause,' much less no probable cause. Where does it stop? 19, 87, 436? This was utter BS and the pos cop head thug knows it. The ends justify the means. How about killing every cop you see because one 'may' be a bad guy? It is the ira mindset of setting off bombs killing Brits, Protestants 'and' Roman Catholic women and children. Collateral damage is ok to that mindset. So is trampling the rights of 18 plus their children because the moron Stormtroopers have 'reliable' information. The first large step to a true police state. That is happened in CO is outrageous.

papa bear

His finger does not appear to be on the trigger but rather in the safe/ready position.

i looked at the picture closely and it appears you are right. it does look like he has it forward. also not sure what the shotgun is, assuming it i a Mossberg, wouldn't the safety be on the tang

also i would like to know how they IDed the BG

SovereignAxe

Re: High-powered handguns

Watching the clip again while showing it to a friend, I noticed that one of the guns is a Walther P99. The P99 only comes in two flavors, 9mm and .40SW. So which caliber was it? Can't tell by looking at it, the differences between the 9mm and the .40SW versions are practically non-existent. But I really wouldn't consider either of those calibers to be high-powered.

Still, I'd love to find out that the P99 is the more popular 9mm version! Guess they're HP cause they're black, so they must be evil. :rolleyes:

Not only is it not a high powered handgun, whatever that is. But it's not a Walther P99.

Notice the slide mounted safety and the lip on the magazine floorplate? The P99 has neither of those. That's a Walther PK380...in .380 ACP.

oh the hilarity.

M-Taliesin

His finger does not appear to be on the trigger but rather in the safe/ready position.

Howdy Pard!
I studied that photo quite closely, and went further by copying that photo to my computer where I was able to blow it up bigger.
His finger is on the trigger, most definately. You can see it, and click on it to enlarge, by viewing my blog entry:
An Open Letter to the Mayor
http://wwww.opencarry.org/forums/entry.php?310-Open-Letter-to-the-Mayor-of-Aurora-Colorado

This is how a liberal like me behaves. I raise a ruckus!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

HKcarrier

Howdy Pard!
I studied that photo quite closely, and went further by copying that photo to my computer where I was able to blow it up bigger.
His finger is on the trigger, most definately. You can see it, and click on it to enlarge, by viewing my blog entry:
An Open Letter to the Mayor
http://wwww.opencarry.org/forums/entry.php?310-Open-Letter-to-the-Mayor-of-Aurora-Colorado

This is how a liberal like me behaves. I raise a ruckus!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Nice letter... I noticed a few errors, but it is what it is. Please keep us updated.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I just want to thank everybody for taking an interest in this case. It is my hope that we, together as a freedom loving community of Americans, can exert sufficient pressure on the City of Aurora to effect reasonable changes in the police department, starting with replacing the chief of police who lauded his officers for the blatant usurpation of the Constitutional rights and liberties of every person at that intersection.

In that spirit, I'd like to encourage everybody to write the mayor's office, as I have done, and let them know this won't go unchallenged.
It doesn't matter whether you live in another state, especially you Virginians. After all, the author and spirit of the Constitution of the United States was from Virginia.
But everybody who has an interest in our rights is encouraged to write and express your mind on this heinous affornt to liberty.

For myself, I am going to pursue this thing with representatives to our state legislature, and federal representatives from the state of Colorado in Washinton.
In fact, I sent a copy of my letter to the mayor to a local politician who is running for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives.
They called to get my support for his election. I countered with a challenge that they support the Constitution and address this outrage as part of their campaign.
Guess we'll see what happens.

Anyhow, it won't be long before another such travesty of justice takes place if they get along with this travisty of justice. And if they get away with it here in Aurora, will it be long before a jurisdiction near you gets the notion they can do it too? Maybe to you? Your wife? Your kids? Your fellow citizens?

Great time to take a stand, and hold their feet to the fires of indignation!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

MiracleWik

As a bit of clarification, no permit is needed to open carry a firearm in Colorado or to conceal one on your own private property, including your vehicle. I fail to see how having two loaded handguns in the vehicle allowed the police to pinpoint that this was the individual they were looking for, who also conveniently happened to be in the very last of the 19 cars that had been illegally stopped.

I'm sure if he wasn't there, there were plenty more cars backed up behind the searched ones. After all, they DID have a reliable source....

-Ashley

Jack House

Often times when police say they had a "reliable" source, it's really nothing more than a hunch.
sarcasm_detector.jpg

Last edited:

Jack House

People are lambs ... baaaa baaaa ... go ahead and search my caaaaar
I'd like to see you say no to someone pointing a gun at your face that has already demonstrated an utter lack of respect for your rights. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

TechnoWeenie

I'd like to see you say no to someone pointing a gun at your face that has already demonstrated an utter lack of respect for your rights. :rolleyes:

I've done it.

I had a cop pull a gun on me, and I yelled at him to holster it.......and he did....

I was also 16, and had the 'invincible' mentality...

Deanimator

I wouldn't physically resist, but I'd tell him "no" all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

And he'd be recorded (and maybe streamed live) being told "no".

Jack House

I wouldn't physically resist, but I'd tell him "no" all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

And he'd be recorded (and maybe streamed live) being told "no".
I'd like to think I'd say no too, but until I'm staring down the barrel of a gun being held by a man that has demonstrated an utter lack of respect for my rights, I can't be certain how I'd respond.