• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Gun Rights Political News. WI-FORCE was your voice.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/15/wisconsin-gun-rights-political-news/
2010 could have been a bad year in Madison for the Second Amendment.

WI-FORCE and our lobbyist, Bob Welch of the Welch Group, monitored over 100 bills and potential bills in Madison pertaining to firearms and hunting.

Yes, I said over 100. When you needed a voice, WI-FORCE was there. We were able to get a few good bills passed and, more importantly, we stopped all of the very bad bills. WI-FORCE was your voice.

FMJ45

JerryD

Wasn't Welch a state senator or assemblyman during the last CCW go around who was defeated in the next election after that fiasco?

JerryD

That was Senator Dave Zien
I found my own answer to the question I asked.

taken from the Welch group website:

. Bob was elected to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 1984, quickly rising to leadership positions. After ten years of service, Bob was elected to the State Senate in 1995, serving until 2004.