• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mission for all who wish to pass Open Carry in Florida.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
As an elected official what would have more impact on you?
A. Having people send you a letter saying they are going to vote against you because you didn't support their issues.
B. Having people come by your office every month with information supporting their issues, knowing that they are that passionate about their cause, even when it is not an election cycle.

It does not take a Washington political strategist to tell you that advocates who are willing to take the time to come in person and inform you consistently throughout the year about their issues will actively support or work against you at election time.

Florida Carry will be sending out grass roots training information and a monthly message with flyers for you to deliver to your local legislators. This requires a commitment from our members and friends to to take a few hours per month to deliver these messages in person.

The effect will be a consistent advocacy that has not been seen in Florida politics since the civil right movement.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Brilliance. If only my local legislators were antis, this would be killer. What those of us in my position would need would be the district next door where there are antis (and we can still drive (for me, that's the charming and mothball-stuffed Nan Rich).

Question: I haven't done this before, but I admit it's a brilliant idea. Would I still be taken as seriously even if I'm not a constituent? I can always threaten her with the fact that I teach college/university in her district and have the power of getting the vote out through hundreds of young students.

Seriously, though, not being her constituent, would my presence have any bearing?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Seriously, though, not being her constituent, would my presence have any bearing?

Absolutely! At campaign time you will work for or against her with zeal.

And Don't ignore the anti-gun reps and senators. Work on them just as hard.

firedog

As an elected official what would have more impact on you?
A. Having people send you a letter saying they are going to vote against you because you didn't support their issues.
B. Having people come by your office every month with information supporting their issues, knowing that they are that passionate about their cause, even when it is not an election cycle.

It does not take a Washington political strategist to tell you that advocates who are willing to take the time to come in person and inform you consistently throughout the year about their issues will actively support or work against you at election time.

Florida Carry will be sending out grass roots training information and a monthly message with flyers for you to deliver to your local legislators. This requires a commitment from our members and friends to to take a few hours per month to deliver these messages in person.

The effect will be a consistent advocacy that has not been seen in Florida politics since the civil right movement.
I like it better when they walk into our office. They are more receptive to conversation when they are the ones walking through the door. Most of the time its local or US politicians but every now and then they’re from the state level. Saw Posey a few weeks ago but didn’t get a chance to speak with him before he headed off into the CEO’s office. I hear Haridopolos is making a run for the US senate. I don’t think we’re going to find a more 2A receptive senator & president to replace him at the state level. We better get the ball rolling strong before he leaves.

The direct contact is always more effective whether it’s in their office, your office or walking the halls of the hill. If I lived closer to Tallahassee I’d be in there frequently.

77zach

Well, the reps around me are pro-rights. My rep is Baxley. I guess visiting would make them more receptive to sponsoring a bill?

I guess the senate is the important part. My senator is Dean, the next one closest who needs talking to is Oelrich. Both are over an hour away.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Well, the reps around me are pro-rights. My rep is Baxley. I guess visiting would make them more receptive to sponsoring a bill?

I guess the senate is the important part. My senator is Dean, the next one closest who needs talking to is Oelrich. Both are over an hour away.

Visiting Rep. Baxley monthly and bringing him facts he can use will be very helpful.

Dean and Oelrich would definitely be worth seeing. Making a special trip of over an hour may be too long for you to be practical but any time you are in their areas you could take a few minutes to stop by.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran

Sen. Dean has district offices in Inverness and Ocala.
Sen. Oelrich has just has a district office in Gainsville.

77zach

Sen. Dean has district offices in Inverness and Ocala.
Sen. Oelrich has just has a district office in Gainsville.

Ocala? Now we're talking!

Duh. Don't know how I missed it, right on his senate page. All I saw was the Inverness. I assume I need to go when he is there? Waiting for particulars.

j4l

Lol. And/or replace the elevator music in Tally... Gotta love Psyops.

Last edited:

77zach

Lol. And/or replace the elevator music in Tally... Gotta love Psyops.

lol. I have a feeling Dean won't be swayed. One plus is that his "concern" as announced in the CJ committee is the easiest argument against it to debunk that there is.

Ixtow will probably tell me not to go or he'll send a hit team to my house.lol

Last edited:

j4l

lol. I have a feeling Dean won't be swayed. One plus is that his "concern" as announced in the CJ committee is the easiest argument against it to debunk that there is.

Ixtow will probably tell me not to go or he'll send a hit team to my house.lol

Ya, those Black Helicopters and Grassy Knolls tend to be troublesome..

mister45

Visiting Rep. Baxley monthly and bringing him facts he can use will be very helpful.

Dean and Oelrich would definitely be worth seeing. Making a special trip of over an hour may be too long for you to be practical but any time you are in their areas you could take a few minutes to stop by.

I personally know Dean and have lived under his run as the sheriff of Citrus County and he acts like he cares, But has far too many puppets and money to care about us "pee-ons" and that is being honest, if my mom was still alive, she could call him and get his attention as she knew his mom personally and was a friend, yet that chance has gone.. Dean simply does what he wants... the others can be moved, but only Ex-lax can move him...

77zach

I personally know Dean and have lived under his run as the sheriff of Citrus County and he acts like he cares, But has far too many puppets and money to care about us "pee-ons" and that is being honest, if my mom was still alive, she could call him and get his attention as she knew his mom personally and was a friend, yet that chance has gone.. Dean simply does what he wants... the others can be moved, but only Ex-lax can move him...

He has an office 15 minutes away, so once I get some pointers and material I'll be there anyway. I may not be able to convince him OC is a good thing, but it may be possible to convince him it's not worth opposing.

j4l

Bloody outstanding!

Tell me though-out of curiosity, good-or bad-as he's said to be, is he actually likely to have Death Squads that he sends forth to terrorize his constituents? Or was a former poster here just utterly delusional, like I'd thought he was?

Rich7553

Bloody outstanding!

Tell me though-out of curiosity, good-or bad-as he's said to be, is he actually likely to have Death Squads that he sends forth to terrorize his constituents? Or was a former poster here just utterly delusional, like I'd thought he was?

Think of a modern day "Boss Hawg". He views himself as the lord of his very own fiefdom.

mister45

Bloody outstanding!

That one was delusional, He doesn't use death squads, he uses the Citrus County Sheriffs office... and his buddy Dawsy... lol

mister45

He has an office 15 minutes away, so once I get some pointers and material I'll be there anyway. I may not be able to convince him OC is a good thing, but it may be possible to convince him it's not worth opposing.

You could get through to him faster talking about cows and guest houses and ranch land and greens and farming then any thing else, cause then he might think your actually interested in investing in him... lol

77zach

You could get through to him faster talking about cows and guest houses and ranch land and greens and farming then any thing else, cause then he might think your actually interested in investing in him... lol

I milk a cow every morning. Bonnie is her name.