• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FYI: Washington tops 426,000 CPLs

mikeyb

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I guess if you do the math, however, it's 93.75 CPLs/hour, assuming 160 hour work month.

Note also that's for the whole state, not a single office. The offices should easily be able to handle a couple CPL's an hour IMO.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
All must understand that this comment is MY opinion.

GREAT NEWS!! I heartily encourage each and every one of you to go out and recruit. These numbers are important whether the CPL holder carries or not. Talk to your friends and encourage them to apply and hold a Washington State CPL.

mikeyb

Does anyone know why it's required to apply at your sheriff's office (or whichever office they deem)? If it's electronic based (meaning it's in the statewide system accessible anywhere) and goes through a Federal check, why can't they be issued by any sheriff's office? Or city police?

edit: outside of the RCW; why the RCW is written as such?

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Does anyone know why it's required to apply at your sheriff's office (or whichever office they deem)? If it's electronic based (meaning it's in the statewide system accessible anywhere) and goes through a Federal check, why can't they be issued by any sheriff's office? Or city police?

edit: outside of the RCW; why the RCW is written as such?

The fingerprints must be taken by an employee of the Sheriff or local PD.

mikeyb

The fingerprints must be taken by an employee of the Sheriff or local PD.

Fingerprints can be taken at any LEO. I would like to know the reasoning why you have to go to your local PD/county office. If anyone has anything other than the obvious "because they said so." ;)