• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bumped into another OCer today!

fire suppressor

I was at work tonight when I noticed a man walking around with a empty holster. I walked up and introduced my self and asked him if he was a member of OCDO. He told me no but he knew who were where he told me he dose visit the site once and a while to read our threads but said he never felt a need to join. We chatted for a few minutes about guns and life in general before he went along his way.
This may not sound like a post worthy thread but I open carry in the Poulsbo/ Silverdale area and very rarely ever see another fellow open carrier, I was starting to think I was all alone. This may not sound like a post worthy thread but it has been so long since I have seen anyone ells open carry close to home it was a good confidence builder to remind me there are others out there.

Alude904

If the holster is empty is are they ocing or ecing (empty carrying) he might be trying to start a new fad. The antis would love it.

Haha. I would be more scared if i saw someone empty carrying. Cuz then i would be wondering where his gun is.

skiingislife725

One of the newer members up here in Bellingham started out carrying that way. His logic was that if no one cared if he had an empty holster, then he could move on up to having a gun in the holster. I didn't think it mattered much either way and he said he was only doing it temporarily, so I didn't feel the need to argue for him to carry a gun in the holster, or carry nothing. To each their own.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I am that B'ham guy. I try to sneak into things to test the waters first. I carry my Star in a US Army M12 holster w/flap, so it looks full to most people anyway. When I was ECing only one person (a little old man in the kitchen store) even noticed. Now that I OC daily it has been pretty much nada.
My thinking was to be able to see how much harassment I would get and prepare my arguments. Forewarned is forarmed.

slowfiveoh

This is a great question!
  • Was it that new Transparent Aluminum Alloy?
  • Oh No he forgot it in the bathroom stall!
  • He listened to the Brady Bunch and left it at home, unloaded, locked up until needed!
  • What, Where Did it Go!

or

• He sold it to a Mexican drug cartel to monitor its movements!
:p