• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question

Morbidph8

I open carry, and sometimes put my firearm, under my seat in the car, holstered. I don't have a CCW. My question is. Am I required to notify a officer i'm carrying, if he didn't ask. If an officer asks, I will tell him I am. What I'm wondering is if I have to let him know when I hand them my info. :eek:

MITCH

All of your questions about weapons in Arizona can be answered in www.handgunlaw.us and in ARIZONA CITIZENS DEFENSE LEAGUE, INC.
ACDL is a great organization working for firearm laws in AZ. Inexpensive to join.
Mitch

azcdlfred

I open carry, and sometimes put my firearm, under my seat in the car, holstered. I don't have a CCW. My question is. Am I required to notify a officer i'm carrying, if he didn't ask. If an officer asks, I will tell him I am. What I'm wondering is if I have to let him know when I hand them my info. :eek:
Adding to Mitch's comments (and thanks for the AzCDL plug Mitch!), if you are 21 or older, you are not required to notify (ARS 13-3102.A.1(b))a police officer if they don't ask.

However, if you are under 21, that gun under the seat is a "concealed" weapon and illegal.

From a tactical perspective, why is the gun under the seat?

As an FYI, the best commercial source for Arizona gun laws is The Arizona Gun Owners Guide .

Fred

Morbidph8

Adding to Mitch's comments (and thanks for the AzCDL plug Mitch!), if you are 21 or older, you are not required to notify (ARS 13-3102.A.1(b))a police officer if they don't ask.

However, if you are under 21, that gun under the seat is a "concealed" weapon and illegal.

From a tactical perspective, why is the gun under the seat?

As an FYI, the best commercial source for Arizona gun laws is The Arizona Gun Owners Guide .

Fred

If I have to head to into work, or going into a place I can't carry. I stick it under the seat. I know it's not the best place for it, but it's the only place for it if Im not carrying. BTW im 28 so I can conceal. :) Thanks for the info.

GWbiker

If I have to head to into work, or going into a place I can't carry. I stick it under the seat. I know it's not the best place for it, but it's the only place for it if Im not carrying. BTW im 28 so I can conceal. :) Thanks for the info.

If you must leave your handgun inside your locked car unattended, PLEASE buy a small lock box ($35) with double cable to secure the box and gun to your vehicle.

We have wandering cretins in Arizona who seek out unattended vehicles for a smash n' grab. Stolen handguns are a prized item among those animals.