• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New CZ82

WOD

I love the CZ 82 pistol, I picked one up a few weeks ago plus three holsters, one extra magazine, and an extra grip set in OD Duracoat. In one holster, I have to keep the hammer locked back, but the retention strap sits between the hammer and the firing block. On the drop leg I can keep the hammer dropped. In the Crossbreed, I'll have to keep the hammer dropped as well. Nice shooting pistol, and the ammo isn't hard to find. The magazines are a pain to load - seems they used garage door springs in the mags, or, these magazines haven't been used a lot. LOL! I was also using steel cased cheapy Tula ammo, but bought brass cased this time... we'll see if this helps the loading issue, since there isn't that coating on the rounds which kept them from sliding over each other easily. Either that, or I'll have to fabricate a speed loader for them, like a Glock has.

One thing I have read about them is... DO NOT TAKE THEM APART FURTHER THAN A NORMAL FIELD STRIPPING for cleaning, these are a major bear to get to functioning normally afterwords!

Oh yeah! Just loaded a mag with the brass cased ammo, and it is much easier! Springs are still stubborn though!

Last edited:

WOD

Ummmm, generally no....^^^ that is a complete disassembly, not a field strip.:lol:

These pistols can be a bear to put back together properly, and if not properly done can cause functionality issues. This is true with any firearm though, if not properly put back together.
I'm sure one could find help re-assembling them to resolve any functionality issues after a full disassembly, Without an experienced CZ guide, I wouldn't risk it on my own, but that's just me. If you are mechanically inclined, have good eyesight, and a memory for reversing processes, it can be done easily too ... once you know how. If you don't know the order of disassembly/re-assembly, it makes it much more time consuming. I don't know that I would take any weapon down that far in a field environment, too easy to lose parts... again, that's just me. LOL!

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

On most blow back style pistols, you do not take off the barrel, as it is semi-permanently attached. The picture shown, even with the barrel attached is still too far disassembled to be a field striped pistol.

AW GEE you missed the attempt at humor.

amlevin

If you are mechanically inclined, have good eyesight, and a memory for reversing processes, it can be done easily too ... once you know how. If you don't know the order of disassembly/re-assembly, it makes it much more time consuming.

The best invention ever for people that like to take stuff apart is the digital camera. Snap a shot before removing any pin, spring, screw, etc. Make your own guide as you go along.

A quick look at a picture you snapped can "remind" you which way that spring sat and what it hooked to.