• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wash. Attorney General proposes ban

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"A ban on semiautomatic weapons with military-style features that render them more easily concealable or more deadly; and
A limit on magazine capacity — currently unlimited under Washington law — to a maximum of 10 rounds of ammunition."
Aaah yes - the more deadly argument. :banghead:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I assume that this would not affect my single shot rifle? Of course it wouldn't ... such "bans" are immediately void.

tombrewster421

Atty. General Ferguson: "I don't propose bills that I don't think won't pass." @KIRO7Seattle

Gotta love the morons use of double negatives here. He's basically saying that he doesn't propose bills he thinks will pass.

tombrewster421

Gotta love the morons that can't count the negations, here there are three, and three lefts do make a right.

Two negatives make each other void. One negative remains. Take any two of those out and you'll understand what is being said.

Last edited:

decklin

Its not the gun folks ..... the high school shooter only used 10 rd mags remember ...

And shotguns are better in such places in any event. Nice GFZ with only a guy who wants to go home.

Do you have a citation for the mag size he used? It would certainly be handy in a discussion.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Atty. General Ferguson: "I don't propose bills...".

(S)He should stop there. It's not the job of the AG to propose anything.

Can someone officially file an ethics complaint or lawsuit if the AG is using the power/time of office to do that?

And warning to all, the link in the OP starts an audio file of some sort. I closed the page, and refuse to patronize websites that do that.

Last edited:

phoneguy

Wash. Attorney General is another great gun salesmen. Wow looks like a run on AR 15s soon.
Even if he gets his way, the Washington state market will be saturated with AR 15s very soon.
I bet he has stock in the fire arms industry.

Whitney

BOHICA alert

<snip>
Sen. David Frockt (D-46) and Sen. Kevin Ranker (D-40) are working with Ferguson to craft the legislation.

If you want a preview of what it will look like then here is your link.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?year=2015&bill=63103

Take note of the other sponsors to this bill, specifically Jayapal, Pederson and Habib. http://app.leg.wa.gov/Rosters/Members

Frockt and Ranker are no slouches, it is the same ole' drum beat just another drummer.

Stay vigilant. !!

~Whitney

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
RCW 43.10.030
General powers and duties.
The attorney general shall:
...(5) Consult with and advise the governor, members of the legislature, and other state officers...

Thanks. I guess that's broad enough to allow such unconstitutional idiocy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The practical effect is that the AG is prohibited from answering citizens' questions. It is a common provision, familiar to me from South Carolina and Wisconsin.
In most (all?) states. the AG is the chief law enforcement officer and the state's attorney - not for mere commoners.

phoneguy

Did I read this right? No more open carry.

Snip
9 (ii) Exhibits the firearm in a public place

Schlepnier

the question is what do we do about it?

Many people are so uniformed about firearms they wouldn't realise everything he said today was a lie.

the fire in a crowded theater aregument is an old strawman that tries to compare misuse of a civil liberty with preventing a civil liberty from being exercised for fear someone MIGHT misuse it.

Last edited: