• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

eye95

Here's a friendly blurb on the Commonwealth's Attorney in Surry County:
http://poindexter1.com/gerald.htm

I'm thinking that all the folks who want to show up in support are going to be buying things in Surry County. That, it seems to me, would be rewarding the county for the kind of behavior we don't like. ("Hey, do that some more - it's good for business.") I'm thinking that, like the embargo against Iran, it might be best to apply "economic sanctions". The local folks who will be affected are the best ones to apply political will to preventing this sort of abuse from happening again.

Some ideas on having the maximum economic effect in the right direction:

Gas up before arriving in the county, or gas up after leaving. Find free parking, and walk to the courthouse. Bring your lunch. (Better yet, fast and donate the cost of one lunch to the defense fund.) Don't worry about any additional costs racked up by the municipality resulting from such an influx of people not contributing one thin dime to the local economy.

4tehlulz

Banned
Hold on, you can't even pay your way through this small amount of legal trouble? Was carrying a gun around like a cowboy really worth it in this instance? Where was your copy of the 2a when they cuffed you. LOL. How emasculating to have people cover your legal fees because you can't support yourself.

Coded-Dude

"skidmark" isn't too bright to be pointing fingers with a loaded weapon on his hip, regardless of the lulz that might have ensued. SNIP

Can I file suit against cops that use their fingers while on duty? This is serious business.....fingers(by themselves) are fatal!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
He is banned.

Take a look at this guy's name. It reads as "For the laughs."

He is not here to have a logical debate or arguement; he is simply trying to make himself feel better about his own life by intentionally making other angry or unhappy. If you ignore him by not responding to any of his ridiculous posts, the troll will go away.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As events unfold

The Commonwealth's Attorney, Gerald Poindexter, has basically blown us off - with Skidmark's consent, he was offered a waiver of any civil liability claims, releasing all parties concerned, in exchange for dismissal of the charges, on the assumption that everyone could just drop the whole thing. This was a concession on Skidmark's part. Mr. Poindexter has rejected that offer.

Mr. Poindexter said that he considered the offer to settle the civil claim as threatening (much as the contractor's supervisor considered Skidmark's finger "threatening"); Poindexter accused Skidmark of having made racial remarks to the contractor's supervisor. (Prior to that time, no one other than Skidmark knew that the security contractors on the pier, the sheriff and his deputies were black, as is the
Commonwealth's Attorney. Skidmark hadn't thought it significant to mention it to anyone, and subsequently denies having said anything to anyone that could be construed as racially motivated.) We see the Commonwealth Attorney's injection of racial prejudice into this case as an unfortunate and inappropriate tactic.

Surry County has pressed the nuclear litigation button, and rejected Skidmark's
conciliatory offer. So there is absolutely no advantage in "hiding out" in hopes that the Surry County folks are going to be nice. They are not.

The behavior exhibited towards Skidmark is a threat not only to him, but to
each of us. So the more public pressure, the better, IMHO.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Poindexter accused Skidmark of having made racial remarks to the contractor's supervisor. (Prior to that time, no one other than Skidmark knew that the security contractors on the pier, the sheriff and his deputies were black, as is the
Commonwealth's Attorney. Skidmark hadn't thought it significant to mention it to anyone, and subsequently denies having said anything to anyone that could be construed as racially motivated.) We see the Commonwealth Attorney's injection of racial prejudice into this case as an unfortunate and inappropriate tactic.

Interjecting race in the fray is a rather common move among racist minorities.

2a4all

The Commonwealth's Attorney, Gerald Poindexter, has basically blown us off - with Skidmark's consent, he was offered a waiver of any civil liability claims, releasing all parties concerned, in exchange for dismissal of the charges, on the assumption that everyone could just drop the whole thing. This was a concession on Skidmark's part. Mr. Poindexter has rejected that offer.

Mr. Poindexter said that he considered the offer to settle the civil claim as threatening (much as the contractor's supervisor considered Skidmark's finger "threatening"); Poindexter accused Skidmark of having made racial remarks to the contractor's supervisor. (Prior to that time, no one other than Skidmark knew that the security contractors on the pier, the sheriff and his deputies were black, as is the

Surry County has pressed the nuclear litigation button, and rejected Skidmark's
conciliatory offer. So there is absolutely no advantage in "hiding out" in hopes that the Surry County folks are going to be nice. They are not.

The behavior exhibited towards Skidmark is a threat not only to him, but to
each of us. So the more public pressure, the better, IMHO.
Am I missing something here?

The article you referenced in the Examiner claims that a source said that Poindexter made the offer to nol-pros in exchange for civil immunity.

An earlier post (by User, I think) suggested that Poindexter has a reputation for being slow to prosecute Blacks (i.e. the Vick case). Are we looking at reverse discrimination here, i.e. WMWAG?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Please, let's not make the "race card" an issue here - most of all not from our POV and not in our postings.

Also IMHO there is no benefit to attacking the CA on these forums - such could run afoul of the rules too.

Maintain the high road and the high ground. That is where we are at our best.

Last edited:

sultan62

Please, let's not make the "race card" an issue here - most of all not from our POV and not in our postings.

Also IMHO there is no benefit to attacking the CA on these forums - such could run afoul of the rules too.

Maintain the high road and the high ground. That is where we are at our best.

+1

Aside from additional expense to skidmark, I think the refusal to drop charges could work out well for OC.

Last edited:

DetroitBiker

Just made my donation via PayPal , Goodluck SkidMark

from the Michigan section of OCDO

Last edited:

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
We may need to arrange for charter buses :exclaim:

I'm going. I'm trying to find a sitter. If not I will bring my daughter with me.

If you think that a "charter bus" may be a bit much, but you still want to get a group together I have no problem renting a 15 passenger van and heading to Surry from Richmond.

I have been lurking this thread all day and I am hot. This cannot happen in America, but in Virginia? Those rascals wen't too far.