• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mooresville, NC

enfd250

imported post

Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun shop (not a pawn shop(not that there's anything wrong with that)).

2) An indoor/outdoor handgun/rifle shooting range within a reasonable distance.

I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

I also crave the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top and taking the risk of opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you. would I be making a worthwhile investment?

Any takers?

Jerry1981

imported post

Where are you currently going I live in Charlotte but i work up in Huntersville Mooresville area . I go to belmont to shooters express and its like an old warehouse turned into a range and all the equipment is a bit old and wore otu.

Duramax

imported post

I sayYES, go for it! I live in the Troutman area and agree we desperately need a place like that.

TheFreeman

imported post

Yes this area really needs a good range where people can send lead down range.

I believe that Eagle Gun in Concord had tried to get a range going, but I have no idea what happened to that. That was over a year ago.

William_NC

imported post

Hey Neighbor....I think it would go over quiet well. I live just up the road from you and understand exactly what you mean. Due to people messing up private land it is getting hard anymore to get someone to allow you to shoot on their land. I understand that you would have to make enough not only to keep it up but to make some profit. The main thing is that if you kept it reasonable I think it could make you some money also. I know a few people up your way that drive to Monroe just to shoot. I would even be willing to help spread the word in the Western Rowan County area.

liftedpsd

imported post

I live and work in cornelius,nc and would love a place closer to go shooting.

92FS

Please do.

Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun shop (not a pawn shop(not that there's anything wrong with that)).

2) An indoor/outdoor handgun/rifle shooting range within a reasonable distance.

I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

I also crave the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top and taking the risk of opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you. would I be making a worthwhile investment?

Any takers?
Yes!! Ive been looking for a range that is close by also. This would be a great addition to our town and if you look at how busy the Aisle is you wouldnt have any problems filling the range.

lonewolf2810

There is a great pawn shop in the middle of town I can't remember the name of it to save my life but I bought my Glock there. They have an abundance of firearms and accessories. It has been a long time sense I was there so if anyone can remember the name it would be great.

cabarrus

I live in between Concord/Kannapolis/Davidson and work in Davidson. I would be very interested if someone opened a shooting range nearby. We got the kids into the Cabarrus County 4H shooting sports club, but that is at most once a month and is often in conflict with other commitments we have, so we rarely get them (or me...) out shooting.