• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DNR wardens still looking for man who shot off handgun.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Neighbors say SWAT team members in full protective gear shocked them late Saturday afternoon, as a DNR warden had to chase down a man firing a handgun.

“One of our conservation wardens was patrolling at the end of Silvermine Drive, which is state owned wildlife area,” says Head DNR Warden Bill Schwengel. “He noticed there were shots being fired near a van.

Wardens say they pursued the man because he was acting suspicious, not just because he fired a gun.

“People can hunt down there and discharge firearms, it's just that the circumstances surrounding the event were such that the warden wanted to investigate,” says Schwengel.
Full story here: http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/...say_was_shooting_off_a_handgun_105614308.html

hardballer

There calling this fella a suspect. Suspect of what. So... you may be there. You may hunt there. You may fire a gun there. But this guy was suspicious. Hmmmmm. Curious.

Krusty

“We are looking for possible suspects,” says Schwengel.

I am a possible suspect. I was in EC and had at least one handgun with me... pick me, pick me...

The article says that
The shooter's vehicle was left abandoned at the schoolhouse.

but then they say...
Sheriff Cramer says the man is still on the loose, but the DNR is currently working on identifying the man and finding a local address.

If they identified the vehicle as belonging to the "shooter", then why are they still working on identifying him? Run the plates or look at the vehicle registration! (Rocket science 101)

I actually thought it was a good article to read. Thanks for posting it. I just found lots of humor in it.

Krusty

Doug, the article said it was the shooters vehicle. And we all know that the sheriff's dept. on site can run plate numbers. Since that is the info that the article gave us, then running the plates would give the shooters ID. All in all, the article was just not written very well.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Officers arrest man who they say shot handgun, then ran. TV-13 WEAU.com

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/..._shot_handgun_then_ran_105717848.html?ref=848

WEAU.com said:
The DNR says the man who is in his late 20’s was taken into custody Sunday around 5:30 p.m. with the help of the Eau Claire Sheriff's Department and the Eau Claire Police Department

Officers have arrested the man that they say was firing off a gun in the woods on Saturday.

The DNR says the man who is in his late 20’s was taken into custody Sunday around 5:30 p.m. with the help of the Eau Claire Sheriff's Department and the Eau Claire Police Department.
The suspect's name is not being released at this time, but the DNR says he will be in court Tuesday for his arraignment.

The agency says officers recovered the fire-arm the man was firing in the woods.

hardballer

What in the heck fire is going on here? Sounds weird. See my first post this thread. I don't get it. Would sure like to know what the infraction was if everything he was doing was within the law.

B

bhancock

In my neighborhood someone is shooting something off everyday almost. Weekends out here sound like opening morning of deer hunting, Geez we would have a constant investigation. I have a conservation warden living 500 feet down the road from me and he has never come down to see what all the shooting was about. I am eagerly awaiting what those suspicious circumstances were.

Spartacus

Banned
The last I heard was that the man was in custody for fleeing a DNR officer investigating possible poaching, not for simply target practicing in the woods.

If you think poaching don't happen, think again.