• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Latest Email from the [Wisconsin] Campaign for Liberty

IcrewUH60

http://paracom.paramountcommunicati...594333039&ch=38F24CB7B681129FEDF84D5140B44A2A

SNIP
When is the right time to allow you to exercise your constitutional rights?

When a politicians tells you that more pressure WON’T help, do you know what that means? That means that our pressure is getting to them, its bugging them, they want us to go away. Are we going to go away and forget our constitutional rights or are we going to increase the pressure ten fold?

You guessed it, we are going to increase the pressure ten fold and much, much more.

"With Senate recalls looming nobody knows where this all will go or even if the Senate would take it right now. Timing is everything it really is." — Quote via email from a state Assembly Rep

CalicoJack10

Can I ask how you think that we put you off before?

Todd Welch
Wisconsin Campaign for Liberty
State Coordinator

I voted for CC when I was 18, that is at least 15 years ago. We have been fighting this for too long. We get put off by politicians that refuse to take into account the desires or rights of the people that they are elected to represent. Primarily because all of the times that we have voted a significant majority to have these items passed, even when they do vote to approve it, they end up taking a back seat and changing their votes at the last minute.

We are being put off again because we have been fighting for years to make this happen, and now every time there is talk about what we need to do to get it done, there are "More Important Issues" that need to be addressed in order to allow for even more time to pass before this legislation gets put at the fore front. This is also despite the fact that several non budget items have been addressed and taken care of at this point.

And all of this comes because the legislature is so busy listening to "Special Interest Groups" that they don't have time to listen to those that are electing them. Unfortunately, even though there are groups that help with the issues, there are far too many with different opinions on what should happen.

I believe that making a change is about the people willing to fight for that change, and groups that think that throwing money at the problem is going to fix the situation just complicate the matters at hand. We should not have to lobby for our rights, we should be able to stand for them ourselves. I have run successful organizations that have helped hundreds with absolutely $0 annual income.

Putting us off (as I see it) is a matter of things like asking for money before something can happen as opposed to stepping up and going face to face with those that need to make something happen.

Putting us off is having to pay for our rights, whether it be by donations, or direct contributions.

Putting us off is taking a maybe, or a "Not right now" as acceptable.

Putting us off is organizing as a special interest group instead of telling these people that if they don't bend to our will, we will vote their a$$es out, no questions asked.

This lax attitude about having more important things that need to come first is not good enough. There is nothing more important that my rights, and even that pales in comparison to the safety and security of my family.

hardballer

i voted for cc when i was 18, that is at least 15 years ago. We have been fighting this for too long. We get put off by politicians that refuse to take into account the desires or rights of the people that they are elected to represent. Primarily because all of the times that we have voted a significant majority to have these items passed, even when they do vote to approve it, they end up taking a back seat and changing their votes at the last minute.

We are being put off again because we have been fighting for years to make this happen, and now every time there is talk about what we need to do to get it done, there are "more important issues" that need to be addressed in order to allow for even more time to pass before this legislation gets put at the fore front. This is also despite the fact that several non budget items have been addressed and taken care of at this point.

And all of this comes because the legislature is so busy listening to "special interest groups" that they don't have time to listen to those that are electing them. Unfortunately, even though there are groups that help with the issues, there are far too many with different opinions on what should happen.

I believe that making a change is about the people willing to fight for that change, and groups that think that throwing money at the problem is going to fix the situation just complicate the matters at hand. We should not have to lobby for our rights, we should be able to stand for them ourselves. I have run successful organizations that have helped hundreds with absolutely $0 annual income.

Putting us off (as i see it) is a matter of things like asking for money before something can happen as opposed to stepping up and going face to face with those that need to make something happen.

Putting us off is having to pay for our rights, whether it be by donations, or direct contributions.

Putting us off is taking a maybe, or a "not right now" as acceptable.

Putting us off is organizing as a special interest group instead of telling these people that if they don't bend to our will, we will vote their a$$es out, no questions asked.

This lax attitude about having more important things that need to come first is not good enough. There is nothing more important that my rights, and even that pales in comparison to the safety and security of my family.

yup!

AaronS

Can I ask how you think that we put you off before?

Todd Welch
State Coordinator

I would have to ask you, "Why Now?"
What have you been doing for us in the last 10 years? Take a look at what WCI has done - in two.

WCI is our group on this forum (from what I read).
If you need any "help" from the gun owners of the State of Wisconsin, I would contact Wisconsin Carry Inc. A.S.A.P.
If you "can't" tell us what you want our money for, why would we give it to you?

Please don't misunderstand me. I respect any people that are willing to make a stand to see our rights secure once again. The more people the better.
Again from what I keep reading, WCI is the real force of the gun owners around this Wisconsin forum (more talk about it then even the NRA). I am sure if you contact them, and we are told to act, you will see funding real fast.
I do like the name "Wisconsin Campaign for Liberty", but it makes me think you have a lot of work to do. Our laws are so screwed up, I would not even know what to fight for next (after gun rights).
I guess I will just stick to one thing at a time for now...

oak1971

Details will come out soon, we do not want to give away what we are going to do before we do it because that will tip the politicians off.

In Liberty,

Todd Welch
State Coordinator

OK Secret Squirrel, sorry to bust the cover on your covert op, but some of us have been at this for a while longer than you, watch and learn. Or better yet, put up or shut up.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Calico is fired up! I think we all should be, enough time has passed, and not enough has happened.

I have been saying something along those lines for a long time on this forum but once again I was told, the system is fine, work the system, vote those that won't or don't listen out, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH !!!! ...Just now people are realizing that the system & those who represent the system are not doing as the people wish ...so what does everyone think will FIX the problem ??

the only thing that can repair the mess we call AmeriKa now is...... What our founding fathers decided to do when a Totalitarian Government TAXED them to death & decided they did not deserve to be represented in Government... Because what we have now, I do not consider Representation....

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

I have been saying something along those lines for a long time on this forum but once again I was told, the system is fine, work the system, vote those that won't or don't listen out, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH !!!! ...Just now people are realizing that the system & those who represent the system are not doing as the people wish ...so what does everyone think will FIX the problem ??

the only thing that can repair the mess we call AmeriKa now is...... What our founding fathers decided to do when a Totalitarian Government TAXED them to death & decided they did not deserve to be represented in Government... Because what we have now, I do not consider Representation....

The thing about statements regarding our founding fathers is that nobody ever takes into account the fact that they tried for decades to find a peaceful solution before they even thought about what they did. And they tried every option over and over before that fateful first meeting at the ralligh tavern.

pachanga22

I'm sending an email to Alberta and telling her if she wants my support and money to help with her recall I want Constitutional Carry.

She needs to act first!

Last edited:

IcrewUH60

Gentlemen, Campaign for Liberty mission statement says
To promote and defend the great American principles of individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a non-interventionist foreign policy, by means of educational and political activity.

Gun rights/Constitutional Carry is a smaller segment of the bigger picture of freedom but they are helping further our cause and have many members within the state. I see this as another (not a replacement) resource to use to help us gain what we have been working towards.

I've never met Todd in person, but I know he has put in the time/sweat/blood for the cause of liberty. Do with the information as you wish.