• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing Gun Buyback IE a fool and his money

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
http://www.wlns.com/story/19103523/gun-buy-back-in-lansing-moving-slowly

guys, i'm thinking we should do something to punk lansing in a big way. similar to what happened here:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-uses-chicago-buyback-send-kids-nra-gun-camp/

i am thinking of posting on the MGO forum to garner donations of beat up rifles from anyone willing to part with them.
we need to come up with a plan for what we will do with the money we collect. if they are giving out target and meijer gift cards i would be willing to buy at least a couple of the cards at face value because we need to figure out a way to turn the cards into cash. i think we could find enough people that shop at meijer anyway, who would be willing to do the same.
the next question would be what to do with the funds. i'm thinking donate the money to a lansing area firearms instructor to be able to subsidize low income individuals CPL training.
i'm just throwing out ideas here, so i welcome suggestions.

Last edited:

TheQ

$16 raised! Ha!

I think the methane gas generated from my excrement in the past two weeks has garnered more $.

HKcarrier

Even if the cards can't be turned into cash, ammo could still be bought at meijer and could go towards training, etc....

Bronson

Even if the cards can't be turned into cash, ammo could still be bought at meijer and could go towards training, etc....

From the article:
There are other questions to answer: where to hold the gun buyback and how to ensure that $100 grocery giftcard at Meijer or Target is used only on food.

Meijer for example, sells gun accessories.

Bronson

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I wonder if you could stand outside the 'buy back' with cash and see if you can pick up some great bargains!!

Actually it's been done already by Dougdwg, lapeer20m & others at a gun buyback in Detroit. Dougwg left with a fine Hi-Point "Assault Rifle" capable of holding TEN rounds in the magazine!!! The children, run, run it's a law-abiding citizen with a MACHINE GUN....:rolleyes: *Sarcasm off/*

Here's video of DPD getting their panties in a twist over it.

[video=youtube;C43xxz5COUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C43xxz5COUE[/video]

Last edited:

TheShadow

haha, i'll make sure i have my license to "buy and sell" before i go

Wow that cop is a total DICK! "Shut up! Shut your trap!" Wow someone needs to be issued a ticket for obstructing peaceful citizen. They were too dumb to understand the workings of a RI-60. :confused:

Last edited:

Small_Arms_Collector

http://www.wlns.com/story/19103523/gun-buy-back-in-lansing-moving-slowly

guys, i'm thinking we should do something to punk lansing in a big way. similar to what happened here:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-uses-chicago-buyback-send-kids-nra-gun-camp/

i am thinking of posting on the MGO forum to garner donations of beat up rifles from anyone willing to part with them.
we need to come up with a plan for what we will do with the money we collect. if they are giving out target and meijer gift cards i would be willing to buy at least a couple of the cards at face value because we need to figure out a way to turn the cards into cash. i think we could find enough people that shop at meijer anyway, who would be willing to do the same.
the next question would be what to do with the funds. i'm thinking donate the money to a lansing area firearms instructor to be able to subsidize low income individuals CPL training.
i'm just throwing out ideas here, so i welcome suggestions.

As an instructor, I would not be opposed to going to Lansing to do some classes, the issue with your idea is how to judge if they are really "low income". If there is actually enough interest in this I can do a class, but I'll leave it to someone else to judge "low income". (Basically, the way I would do it, is you pay me (a reduced rate if you have enough people), and I'll give you vouchers for seats, and I'll train whoever brings me a voucher, but it's up to you to send those vouchers to the right people.) It's up to you to organize, but if you get enough interest, let me know.

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
As an instructor, I would not be opposed to going to Lansing to do some classes, the issue with your idea is how to judge if they are really "low income". If there is actually enough interest in this I can do a class, but I'll leave it to someone else to judge "low income". (Basically, the way I would do it, is you pay me (a reduced rate if you have enough people), and I'll give you vouchers for seats, and I'll train whoever brings me a voucher, but it's up to you to send those vouchers to the right people.) It's up to yo to organize, but if you get enough interest, let me know.
that sounds good. i guess we could just offer the vouchers to anyone with the hopes that those who could afford the training would have already payed for it. i don't think that there are many people out there who have both the desire to carry, and the money to, that are not already licensed.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
A couple of my friends used to shoplift, then return the items, because without a receipt they could get a gift card. They would then approach the customers and ask if they could sell the card at a discounted rate or percentage, and keep the cash. Sometimes it took an hour, but someone always bought the card.