• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IL Sheriffs oppose weapons ban

Orion_13

I will take any positive lite I can see in the state of IL. Seeing this was a complete shock to me and I'm betting to anyone else that has had the misfortune to deal with them over a gun in your car.

Btw, the reason I posted it in the KY area is that living in the Paducah it is very common to go to Metropolis, IL to the gambling boat. It is also common to drive up to Marion to the closest Target store. This end of KY allows you to be in 4 different states in less then an hours travel. It isn't uncommon to have family scattered around just across the borders either and a quick 15 minute drive to your brothers house can send you into the people's republic of IL and their unconstitutional laws on guns. It is so easy to relax and break laws by just not keeping your vigilance on the subject.

Orion

flb_78

You would find that most sheriffs in Illinois are pro-gun, pro-citizen.

Unfortunately, it's Chicago that runs the state instead of Springfield.

Orion_13

Sometimes I wish that our country was a true democracy. Then I look at how uninformed most people are and the low rates most elections receive. It is then that I realize that some people shouldn't have a say. LOL

Orion

WalkingWolf

Dumb people should not be allowed to vote~~there should be a mental health and competency test before anyone can be registered to vote.

flb_78

Sometimes I wish that our country was a true democracy. Then I look at how uninformed most people are and the low rates most elections receive. It is then that I realize that some people shouldn't have a say. LOL

Orion

This is horrible idea.

Our system would be fine if we actually stood up to politicians who disobey the Constitution. Mob rule is a very bad idea for a political system.

darkin

Dumb people should not be allowed to vote~~there should be a mental health and competency test before anyone can be registered to vote.

I'd rather the testing be for the elected officials. I don't like the idea of passing a test to use my freedoms. I will grant however it would be nice if only smart and informed people voted.