• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Shadle Wal-Mart in Spokane

modernknight

Working last night at Shadle Wal-Mart and had to snicker a little bit when a couple of customers started to tell me there was a dangerous man with a gun walking around the store. First, it was completely holstered and secured (as far as I saw of it), and second, to make it funnier, there was absolutely no magazine inside of it. Otherwise, yet another quiet night. :) So if you come on this website and were carrying last night about 7ish pm, thank you :)

Would like to see it a little more often, personally.

In other news: Finally got a new OWB holster for my new Springfield Armory .45 1911 Mil-Spec....so much happier now, since I'm not using a crummy generic one!!

Last edited:

Stoked

Working last night at Shadle Wal-Mart and had to snicker a little bit when a couple of customers started to tell me there was a dangerous man with a gun walking around the store. First, it was completely holstered and secured (as far as I saw of it), and second, to make it funnier, there was absolutely no magazine inside of it.

Why not carry a rock at that point?

...wow.

modernknight

He did look young, so always possible he was nervous about even carrying, so figured an empty gun was better and would draw less attention. Hopefully he did have the magazine in his pocket, at the very least.

I thought it was great though since I had a chance to educate a few employees and a couple customers, so worked out in the end.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

sudden valley gunner

He did look young, so always possible he was nervous about even carrying, so figured an empty gun was better and would draw less attention. Hopefully he did have the magazine in his pocket, at the very least.

I thought it was great though since I had a chance to educate a few employees and a couple customers, so worked out in the end.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

That's a good point. He may be taking baby steps until more comfortable. If so good for him at least he was carrying.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Retracing my steps from Tuesday night, now I know I lost that magazine BEFORE I got to Walmart. Reduces the number of places I have to look.

Thanks guys.

Just kidding - wasn't me. Plus that description of looking 'young' hasn't applied in a long time.

Good on him for carrying. Hopefully he'll get comfortable enough to load it soon.

sudden valley gunner

Retracing my steps from Tuesday night, now I know I lost that magazine BEFORE I got to Walmart. Reduces the number of places I have to look.

Thanks guys.

Just kidding - wasn't me. Plus that description of looking 'young' hasn't applied in a long time.

Good on him for carrying. Hopefully he'll get comfortable enough to load it soon.

LOL...that was a good one, can always use the laugh!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No mag? What's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum Princess.

There is no point to the story other than conjecture, as no one knows who the person is or why the empty mag well.

Maybe it came out in his vehicle, maybe he forgot it - lots of maybe's, no answers. Ever find your mag release button had been depressed? - I have.

There is the sugggested warning that we all should be aware of the condition of our tools.

Rusty Young Man

Working last night at Shadle Wal-Mart and had to snicker a little bit when a couple of customers started to tell me there was a dangerous man with a gun walking around the store. First, it was completely holstered and secured (as far as I saw of it), and second, to make it funnier, there was absolutely no magazine inside of it. Otherwise, yet another quiet night. :) So if you come on this website and were carrying last night about 7ish pm, thank you :)

Would like to see it a little more often, personally.

In other news: Finally got a new OWB holster for my new Springfield Armory .45 1911 Mil-Spec....so much happier now, since I'm not using a crummy generic one!!

Sounds like a transplant from the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia.:p

As to the holster, congrats! Any chance of photos? I've been known to appreciate fine art.:)

@pistolprincess45: Welcome to the forum and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona! Hope you'll stick around and join in the passionate conversation.:D

@Grapeshot: My mag release button is definitely on the heavier side, but I wholly agree with your statement:
"we all should be aware of the condition of our tools" - Grapeshot, 13 March, 2014
Know thy tools, know thyself, and know thine enemy.