• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Employee shot, "Please leave your guns at home" didn't help

Rusty Young Man

People keep trying to find anything other than the utterly defenseless position of the employees to focus on:
The Fox article said:
Carroll Love, who came in for her usual breakfast, saw the chaos when she drove by around 5 a.m. Wednesday.

"It's scary, and I feel sorry for the people who have to work here late at night," she said.

The shooting has some customers on edge wondering if fast food places like this one should consider changing their hours.

"It is an unprotected situation you know, maybe we should go back to the old ways and close at ten," said Love.

"It really doesn't matter what location you are at, if they're gonna hit you, they're gonna hit you," said another patron./
:banghead:
Maybe we should go back to the "old ways" and have people take responsibility for their OWN protection, have mandatory sentences for violent criminals, allow for openly-carried Personal Protection Pistols.

As to the second patron, I imagine he/she would be okay with not prosecuting violent criminals, seeing as "if they're gonna hit you, they're gonna hit you", right?:banghead:

"'Gun-Free' Zones! Good for the shooter, not for the shootee ... hahahahaha!" Jabba

Fixed it for you.

Javelina

Right down the street

My wife and I are about a mile from where this took place, crazy to think about as last I have heard no motive has been determined? Glad thing I don't go to Jack N the crack, I only go places were I can protect myself and my family. :cool:

davidmcbeth

Banned
After a brief standoff with police officer at a nearby home, the suspect who fired the shot killed himself.

Why do these folks always kill themselves?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Has Jack in the Box actually asked people to leave for carrying? Their "request" seems to be yet another "we're going to say please don't carry so we don't have to deal with these shril harpies any more but if you do, meh, would you like the sourdough burger special today?"

Rusty Young Man

Has Jack in the Box actually asked people to leave for carrying? Their "request" seems to be yet another "we're going to say please don't carry so we don't have to deal with these shril harpies any more but if you do, meh, would you like the sourdough burger special today?"

Not that I have heard of. Then again, JIB was never near the top of my go-to list of fast food places.

The last time I entered a JIB was around New Year's Eve (2013); haven't needed to go back since, but I think it could be worthwhile for me to go in and buy a small soda (cheap, not easily "tampered" with) to gauge the level of (possibly non-existent) animosity towards OC.:confused: I could also just stroll in and ask to use their restroom (almost had to once, but held till I got to a gas station.:uhoh:

I'll post my experience when I get around to it.

FreeInAZ

Not that I have heard of. Then again, JIB was never near the top of my go-to list of fast food places.

The last time I entered a JIB was around New Year's Eve (2013); haven't needed to go back since, but I think it could be worthwhile for me to go in and buy a small soda (cheap, not easily "tampered" with) to gauge the level of (possibly non-existent) animosity towards OC.:confused: I could also just stroll in and ask to use their restroom (almost had to once, but held till I got to a gas station.:uhoh:

I'll post my experience when I get around to it.

"Junk in the box" is also very low on my list of places to eat. lived near one for over two years now, went in once & that should last me at least another two years....:uhoh:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Has Jack in the Box actually asked people to leave for carrying? Their "request" seems to be yet another "we're going to say please don't carry so we don't have to deal with these shrill harpies any more but if you do, meh, would you like the sourdough burger special today?"

Their request is also another name on an official list used to advertise that weapons are increasingly not "normal" in society. Such a request is inexcusable, and certainly a reason to consider if they deserve your business.