• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US Marine and his wife saved from lawless mob by armed LAC CCer in FL...

Freedom First

Armed in theater...

I took the wife to a movie this week and even though it wasn't a Saturday night I wouldn't even consider going unarmed. I carry for the unexpected, not just for the "dangerous" times. Movies is a CC for me since the wife isn't thrilled by the thought of the manager bugging us one a rare night out.

Going to a movie on a saturday night is not the time I would pick either but whatever. I suppose 10-15 OCers showing up in thug central every Friday and Saturday night would quickly be treated to some free movies though...

Dreamer

Here in NC there is a state law prohibiting ANY carry (OC or CC) in any establishment that charges admission--including movie theaters.

Jim Crow is alive and well in the Tarheel State...

You folks who can carry when you go to the movies, or to a restaurant that serves alcohol are lucky. It's a HARD fight to get these old racist laws overturned, but we're working on it in NC, with the help of groups like GRNC and SAF.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Here in NC there is a state law prohibiting ANY carry (OC or CC) in any establishment that charges admission--including movie theaters.

Jim Crow is alive and well in the Tarheel State...

You folks who can carry when you go to the movies, or to a restaurant that serves alcohol are lucky. It's a HARD fight to get these old racist laws overturned, but we're working on it in NC, with the help of groups like GRNC and SAF.

You've got a point. The NAACP, Jesse Jackson, and Al "the swindler" Sharpton, as true racists do, would love to see all of the good folks of NC disarmed.

Dreamer

I especially like the part where this Marine is considering suing the Theater for "failing to provide for his personal safety and security".

That would be a case for Alan Gura and SAF if there EVER was one...

zack991

I especially like the part where this Marine is considering suing the Theater for "failing to provide for his personal safety and security".

That would be a case for Alan Gura and SAF if there EVER was one...
He could have a case if they have a no guns policy like regal cinemas has here.

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
What a terrible story - mobbed, wife beaten while HUNDREDS of bystanders just sit there, all because some kids took offense to the very idea of consideration for others?
I'm only in my late 20's. I knew bad kids growing up. But,

What The Hell is Wrong With Kids Today?

There will probably be about 300 cell-phone videos of the beating on you-tube before long. Sad.

tcmech

I went to see that same movie on christmas eve with my wife and daughter. I didn't notice any sign stating no guns at the regal cinema here in virginia where I went.

I was carrying, not really openly since it's cold out and my coat covered the glock.

I hope that the marine and his family are all right and that the kids are punished. It sounds as if the law abiding citizen with a gun deserves the gratitude of all of us who carry daily for giving us a positive image.

zack991

Maybe the marine will starting caring himself. Hopefully it will wake people up to never leave home with out their gun.

Last edited:

MetalChris

Would the Marine be charged with instigating the confrontation if he had been carrying and pulled his weapon? Any Floridians in here that can provide insight to FL law on the subject?