• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Allen announces run for Senate: his commitment to RKBA is questioned

Repeater

Allen makes it official

However, over at Redstate:

George Allen’s Problem

Beyond me though, former Senator Allen is going to have to address some serious problems other than the disastrous campaign waged in 2006 (he may need to talk about that too). Those problems are, put succinctly, his voting record, which is out of step with most of the grassroots activists engaged in Republican primaries today. I’m already getting lots of emails about this and, frankly, most people just want some accounting from Allen.

He needs to 'account' for has previous gun views, such as these:

Allen AGREES with the following statements:

• Maintain and strengthen the enforcement of existing federal restrictions on the purchase and possession of guns.
  • Allow citizens to carry concealed guns.
  • Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks on guns.
  • Increase penalties for the possession of any illegal guns.
  • Require background checks of gun buyers at gun shows.

Virginiaplanter

Allen also appointed the soon to be Chief Justice of the Virginia Supreme Court Cynthia Kinser who doesn't give a damn about the Virginia Constitution and the right to keep and bear arms.

67GT390FB

Allen also appointed the soon to be Chief Justice of the Virginia Supreme Court Cynthia Kinser who doesn't give a damn about the Virginia Constitution and the right to keep and bear arms.

Yes and this is not going to be popular, as he isn't able to walk on water when it comes to gun rights. I wish he was still our Senator instead of Webb. I'd take his somewhat weak gun votes over the big yes votes we got from Webb on this travesty of a health care bill.

Thundar

I think Allen would be a faithful gun rights supporter. He has absolutely no moral character or sense of right and wrong. He will be for anything that would help get him elected. Being Pro gun helps in the Commonwealth.

Really though, this is great news for Mark Warner fans. Allen would have a hard time being elected dog catcher.

67GT390FB

I think Allen would be a faithful gun rights supporter. He has absolutely no moral character or sense of right and wrong. He will be for anything that would help get him elected. Being Pro gun helps in the Commonwealth.

Really though, this is great news for Mark Warner fans. Allen would have a hard time being elected dog catcher.

Allen will actually being going up in a potential rematch w/ Webb(allen hasn't won the nomination and webb hasn't said he will run again), Warner was just elected in 2008 and won't be up for reelection until 2014.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
George Allen was practically worthless on restoring self defense in National Parks

Many of you called, faxed, emailed, wrote letters & personally visited to cajole George Allen to do the right thing and help get the DOI to give VCDL's petition to amend the parks rule for weapons a fair shake. History shows he was less than responsive.

Don't be fooled by George Allen again.

Although I would like to have seen more out of Jim Webb's office, Webb did come through for us in helping to drive the effort home and supported the Coburn Amendment to drive a stake through the heart of the anti-gun National Park Service gun ban.

Then Senator Allen's staff spent a lot of time telling us how we had to be patient, wait, and accept what crumbs of pro gun support he gave us and then, when Webb took the lead in the Senate race Allen drops a bill on the Senate floor in November to end the NPS ban. A bill that never even got scheduled for a hearing.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Many of you called, faxed, emailed, wrote letters & personally visited to cajole George Allen to do the right thing and help get the DOI to give VCDL's petition to amend the parks rule for weapons a fair shake. History shows he was less than responsive.

Don't be fooled by George Allen again.

Although I would like to have seen more out of Jim Webb's office, Webb did come through for us in helping to drive the effort home and supported the Coburn Amendment to drive a stake through the heart of the anti-gun National Park Service gun ban.

Then Senator Allen's staff spent a lot of time telling us how we had to be patient, wait, and accept what crumbs of pro gun support he gave us and then, when Webb took the lead in the Senate race Allen drops a bill on the Senate floor in November to end the NPS ban. A bill that never even got scheduled for a hearing.

That's not exactly news. He was worthless as Governor and before.
Basically, he's always been worthless and it's too late for him to change.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
It's not just that

It's not "that he's worthless" that I'm trying to point out so much, I'm saying his record on 2A is spotty and specifically when it came to repealing the NPS ban on self defense, Webb came through, Allen played games at our expense.

Look how fast ATF was able to turn around an "emergency ICR" (granted they're dead in the water) so if the political will was there to hold DOI's feet to the fire it was well within Congress's power to do it.

They CHOSE not to help us.

Ironically, numerous folks here on this forum told me that former Rep. Tom Davis wouldn't do a darn thing for us WRT to guns. It was his office that kick started the petition review. Not exactly a pro-gun guy for sure, but even he helped more than George Allen did.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's not "that he's worthless" that I'm trying to point out so much, I'm saying his record on 2A is spotty and specifically when it came to repealing the NPS ban on self defense, Webb came through, Allen played games at our expense.

Look how fast ATF was able to turn around an "emergency ICR" (granted they're dead in the water) so if the political will was there to hold DOI's feet to the fire it was well within Congress's power to do it.

They CHOSE not to help us.

Ironically, numerous folks here on this forum told me that former Rep. Tom Davis wouldn't do a darn thing for us WRT to guns. It was his office that kick started the petition review. Not exactly a pro-gun guy for sure, but even he helped more than George Allen did.

Yeah, I know. You said it better and I'm tired these days so I'm keeping most of my statements short. Worthless, Dumb Som Bitch, and a$$hole have been favorites for the last few days.

I managed to get through an irritable comment to a committee tonight with only a few descriptive phrases.:uhoh: