• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I STAND WITH WALKER RALLY - March 5

TyGuy

Mister, "totality of the circumstances," will probably show up. I am going to try and make it.

anmut

There was speculation on the Facebook page for this event yesterday that it could be a setup by the unions. Trust, but verify. :)

Jason in WI

There was speculation on the Facebook page for this event yesterday that it could be a setup by the unions. Trust, but verify. :)

Apparently no "Official" Tea Party backing yet. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Some Walker backers and fellow Open Carriers, were given an unlawful order by the capitol police in GA that they couldn't carry on capitol property; which seems to include a few blocks :eek:.

Looks like the capitol laws weren't updated to reflect current state law or something and there is confusion, anyway I hope they get paid good in the lawsuit ;).

http://restoretheconstitution.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/wed-feb-24-atlanta-ga-capitol-police-telling-us-we-cant-carry-weapons-across-the-street-from-the-capitol-building/

An after action report http://www.washingtonreb.com/2011/02/27/after-action-report-from-atlanta-rtc/

Interestingly he posted this:
They deployed a new tactic. They sent a female protestor to barge through our group from behind and then she charged that some of our people “assaulted” her by elbowing her. The police put that BS to bed fortunately, but they may not always do so.

And if you look at my post on AR15 (near the bottom) you will see we had some interesting females going through the crowd in Madison....... Watch your back :uhoh:.

MKEgal

At Lizzie's yesterday for breakfast, someone came up with the idea that those of us who support Constitutional Carry make signs saying that (and ONLY that, or maybe include "repeal 941.23 & 167.31") then go circulate among the "pro-rights" protestors who are already there.

I mean, they're so rabid about defending rights surely they want to defend all rights, right?

Make sure the signs are seen & videod by news cameras.

phred

At Lizzie's yesterday for breakfast, someone came up with the idea that those of us who support Constitutional Carry make signs saying that (and ONLY that, or maybe include "repeal 941.23 & 167.31") then go circulate among the "pro-rights" protestors who are already there.

I mean, they're so rabid about defending rights surely they want to defend all rights, right?

Make sure the signs are seen & videod by news cameras.

I do not understand how some people can draw such a definitive line. Why can't someone be supportive of worker's rights and also be supportive of constitutional rights? "Rabid" is not a fair word. After seeing all the different people in Madison on Saturday, I can easily say that they represent many walks of life and vocation. They were definitely united and like any other corned person they are not going down without a fight. They feel that their worker rights are under grievous attack and are in imminent danger of death or great "bodily" harm. We are all about protecting rights. So, why do you think that these two issues are mutually exclusive?

When I sang the National Anthem along with more than 100,000 people on Saturday in the cold and the snow, it was a very emotional experience. I felt so much pride in my country and its people. There were firefighters and cops, correctional officers, teachers, nurses, pipefitters, teamsters, veterans, conductors and engineers, moms and dads, and our neighbors and friends. There was a man with a sign indicating he was USMC veteran. On it he had written "I fought for worker's rights and I still am." I thanked him.

Do not belittle or ridicule these protesters. Do not mock them. Alienating them will do no good.

RockerFor2A

Right so they're being bussed in by the DNC and Organizing for America to protect their right to take our money (taxpayers) to support benefits that none of us have in the private sector. I pay my entire health care insurance premium myself. I have no sympathy for the unions.

Peacekeeper

Right so they're being bussed in by the DNC and Organizing for America to protect their right to take our money (taxpayers) to support benefits that none of us have in the private sector. I pay my entire health care insurance premium myself. I have no sympathy for the unions.

With no disrespect intended to you Rocker ... Something I don't understand ... If people are soo dissatisfied with the benefits which they receive at their places of employment ... why not organize a union and bargain for the pay and benefits you deserve? Why should the boss become a gazillionaire on the backs of underpaid under benefited workers.

anmut

With no disrespect intended to you Rocker ... Something I don't understand ... If people are soo dissatisfied with the benefits which they receive at their places of employment ... why not organize a union and bargain for the pay and benefits you deserve? Why should the boss become a gazillionaire on the backs of underpaid under benefited workers.

Most of us aren't unhappy with our benefits - we are unhappy about paying for OUR benefits and then paying MORE for public union benefits.

phred

Most of us aren't unhappy with our benefits - we are unhappy about paying for OUR benefits and then paying MORE for public union benefits.

I am unhappy that I must pay extra on my utility bill for those that can't or won't.
I am unhappy that I must pay extra on my car insurance for those that don't or won't.
I am unhappy that I must pay extra on my health insurance because of those who can't or won't.
I am unhappy that I must pay extra for my goods because some feel that they can take things without paying for the items.
I am unhappy that the demand for copper and lead has sky-rocketed the price of ammunition.
I am unhappy that gasoline is $3.50/gal (as of 02-28-2011) because of speculation and turmoil on the other side of the world.
I am unhappy that I must pay extra for all my products so that some fat cat can "earn" millions of dollars per year and laugh at those that don't.

We are all unhappy because of certain things. When you buy products, much of what you pay is for the benefit of somebody, public or private. This is life!
But I am not taking out my unhappiness or anger or frustration on any particular group of people.

Pour me another one. It's still early!

Peacekeeper

Again ... I, as a taxpayer, pay for my benefits ... I pay taxes too. I, as a consumer, help pay the wages and benefits of the people whos products and services I use.

Again ... I help pay your wages and benefits too. Do you get an employee discount ... I help pay for that too. So, What is your point.