• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is off limits?

Mr .454

Thanks Mucho

Your list is still wrong. I wouldn't waste your time otherwise, really.

I don't think my reply was unclear. But for your sake-

Off-limits means for both OC and CC.

You cannot open carry in any place serving or selling alcohol. You CAN CC in beer and wine restaurants (which do not serve liquor) and places such as gas stations, mini-marts, grocery stores and liquor stores that sell for off-site consumption. Bars are off-limits, period.

You can OC or CC in any government building other than a federal one- federal is off-limits. State and local buildings are not off-limits. In fact, in one of the threads below there are details about a state legislator who recently got herself into a tizzy over someone OC'ing into the roundhouse where he was perfectly legal to do so.

Schools are off-limits although you may have weapons in your car in school parking lots.

Again- go to the handgunlaw site linked above. The current regulation summaries are all there. Also go to the NM DPS website for links to the latest alcohol regulations, and for links to the other regulations in their entirety.

I never meant to spread bad info. This is info I had interpreted from the statutes and other people obviously wrongly. Anyhow I yeild to your knowledge and will make sure I review the laws again. Lets be friends. Im a former Marine so you can trust me out there carrying along side you. If you would be so kind to let me know, because I'm new to open carry in NM the following:
Do you open carry every day?, how long have been openly carrying? how do folks on the street react when you openly carry? would you be open to the organization of a gathering for 2012?

AH.74

I never meant to spread bad info. This is info I had interpreted from the statutes and other people obviously wrongly. Anyhow I yeild to your knowledge and will make sure I review the laws again. Lets be friends. Im a former Marine so you can trust me out there carrying along side you. If you would be so kind to let me know, because I'm new to open carry in NM the following:
Do you open carry every day?, how long have been openly carrying? how do folks on the street react when you openly carry? would you be open to the organization of a gathering for 2012?

I would very much enjoy being friends, that's nice of you to say. Let's just say I have a strong feeling about people being familiar with law, no offense ever intended. I apologize if I came across too strong.

I myself do not normally open carry on a regular basis. I also live in Santa Fe so there are a lot of people around here who aren't so used to it and I would rather avoid any problems whatsoever. On the rare occasion when I have open carried here, no one has ever paid me any attention but those occasions are very brief, such as running into a store from my truck.

I do sometimes open carry if I am in more rural areas outside of the city. It is a lot different out there.

I would absolutely be open to attending any gathering. I wanted to join the one around Christmas last year but couldn't get away. I look forward to meeting you if the opportunity arises.

Stay safe out there and thanks for your past service.

Mr .454

Great!

I would very much enjoy being friends, that's nice of you to say. Let's just say I have a strong feeling about people being familiar with law, no offense ever intended. I apologize if I came across too strong.

I myself do not normally open carry on a regular basis. I also live in Santa Fe so there are a lot of people around here who aren't so used to it and I would rather avoid any problems whatsoever. On the rare occasion when I have open carried here, no one has ever paid me any attention but those occasions are very brief, such as running into a store from my truck.

I do sometimes open carry if I am in more rural areas outside of the city. It is a lot different out there.

I would absolutely be open to attending any gathering. I wanted to join the one around Christmas last year but couldn't get away. I look forward to meeting you if the opportunity arises.

Stay safe out there and thanks for your past service.

Thanks..you be safe also. Lets keep an eye out for news on any upcoming events and perhaps we will meet.

NMGoose

Going back to the OC/CC issue in National Forest and the hunting confusion. My understanding is that there is no restriction in National FORESTS where hunting is allowed, except fenced off campgrounds, however there is a restriction of CC only in National PARKS where there are multiple visitors, hikers, etc, people that are not there to hunt but, to enjoy the outdoors or attractions. These should all be posted.