• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who will win in November?

Who will win the November general election?

• Romney

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Obama

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • A third party candidate

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

derhammer

Personally, I don't have much faith left in the two-party dictatorship that is the American political system, but the elections should make for some decent entertainment this year as I think it's going to be pretty close. So that brings me to the topic of this thread: Who do you think is going to win in November? This isn't about who you're supporting, but who you think will win.

Personally, I really can't say for sure, but just so I can have an opinion and be controversial, instead of taking the boring middle of the road "I'll wait and see" view, I'll say I'm betting on a Romney victory simply because many people are fed up with Obama and his administration and also deeply distrust him.

So, what say you?

-derhammer

gunns

Actually, no one will win. Yes we will have a President, but it won't matter who it is, this country is now ran by a global elite and are armies are used to funnel money to their bank accounts. Are government is as corrupt as it can get, I don't think it can get any more corrupt and our economy is going to crash and burn. There is no such thing as infinite energy and infinite money.

I sound bad, I know, doom and gloom. Its just a reality I excepted that the world is beyond saving, no politician is going to save us, we have traveled too far down the road to self ruin. I am not talking about all people, I think a lot of Americans are good, just blind, I am talking about those holding the purse strings. They think they can control it, like they did in the 30's, but this time it will get out of control. I believe more Americans see them for what they are and they will end up hanging from telephone polls.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Actually, no one will win. Yes we will have a President, but it won't matter who it is, this country is now ran by a global elite and are armies are used to funnel money to their bank accounts. Are government is as corrupt as it can get, I don't think it can get any more corrupt and our economy is going to crash and burn. There is no such thing as infinite energy and infinite money.

That's the spirit gunns !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd_zkMEgkI

This gov't looking pretty good .. haha .. I see room for improvement

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Beware...

Don't let the poll lull you into a false sense of security such that you figure you can relax and stay at home, that everyone else will vote for Romney.

That's how we'll lose.

Don't let us lose - get out and vote anyway, no matter how strong you think we are going into the polls!

georg jetson

Don't let the poll lull you into a false sense of security such that you figure you can relax and stay at home, that everyone else will vote for Romney.

That's how we'll lose.

Don't let us lose - get out and vote anyway, no matter how strong you think we are going into the polls!

Lol!!! You've been fooled into thinking that there's a relevant difference between Romney and Obama. You've already lost.

Beretta92FSLady

That's how we'll lose.

I agree. All of you Conservative, Constitutionalist, 'tea party', Libertarian, Republican, pro-Second Amendment, pro-Life, anti-socialized healthcare types need to climb-aboard, and vote for the quazi-Conservative, self-described 'tea party', "Republican," anti-Second Amendment, pro-Choice, pro-socialized healthcare guy running on the GOP ticket.

I reade a post yesterday that stated Romney will replace President Obama in 2012, and seemed to imply that Romney would be replaced in 2016 by a 'better' GOP candidate, LOL, give me a freaking break.

So, it's Four More Years Of Obama, or Eight Years Of Romney--get out there, and vote people!

gunns

I agree. All of you Conservative, Constitutionalist, 'tea party', Libertarian, Republican, pro-Second Amendment, pro-Life, anti-socialized healthcare types need to climb-aboard, and vote for the quazi-Conservative, self-described 'tea party', "Republican," anti-Second Amendment, pro-Choice, pro-socialized healthcare guy running on the GOP ticket.

I reade a post yesterday that stated Romney will replace President Obama in 2012, and seemed to imply that Romney would be replaced in 2016 by a 'better' GOP candidate, LOL, give me a freaking break.

So, it's Four More Years Of Obama, or Eight Years Of Romney--get out there, and vote people!

Another post by Beretta92FSLady I am in agreement on. But I don't like either choice.

Beretta92FSLady

Another post by Beretta92FSLady I am in agreement on. But I don't like either choice.

You know, if you are patient and wait four more years, there are some better candidates that are going to be running for the Office. I don't think eight years of Romney will work. Part of the reason I don't think it will work is, let's say Romney wins--I don't think Romney will win--, in 2016, Romney may lose, and there will likely be a Democrat elected to Office. The reason I'm pointing this out is because Conservatives are not going to like Romney, hell, most don't like Romney right now, and four years from now?

President Obama until 2016 is more palatable than Romney until 2020, or replaced by a Democrat in 2016.

Don't mind me, just thinking out loud.

gunns

You know, if you are patient and wait four more years, there are some better candidates that are going to be running for the Office. I don't think eight years of Romney will work. Part of the reason I don't think it will work is, let's say Romney wins--I don't think Romney will win--, in 2016, Romney may lose, and there will likely be a Democrat elected to Office. The reason I'm pointing this out is because Conservatives are not going to like Romney, hell, most don't like Romney right now, and four years from now?

President Obama until 2016 is more palatable than Romney until 2020, or replaced by a Democrat in 2016.

Don't mind me, just thinking out loud.

Now I don't agree with you LOL. Obama in a win would lead this country to ruin in short order, Romney in a win may take longer, giving me more time to prep.

Beretta92FSLady

Now I don't agree with you LOL. Obama in a win would lead this country to ruin in short order, Romney in a win may take longer, giving me more time to prep.

LOL, so what you're looking for is someone elected to office that will slowly run us off a cliff, rather than quickly, that is, so you have more time to prep! I love it!!

jbone

LOL, so what you're looking for is someone elected to office that will slowly run us off a cliff, rather than quickly, that is, so you have more time to prep! I love it!!

I'll go with the "slow ride" ~Foghat~, in hopes the additional time will allow some future genteration(s) to take back what we lost.

Or, will the Mayan's prediction of a fifth age this Dec be the one that screws us good? :D

Beretta92FSLady

I'll go with the "slow ride" ~Foghat~, in hopes the additional time will allow some future genteration(s) to take back what we lost.

Or, will the Mayan's prediction of a fifth age this Dec be the one that screws us good? :D

Throwing in the towel already? Nothing has been lost, just moved around.

The world is coming to an end in December.

M

McX

one thing is certain, history will record the current government as the perfect criminals, perfecting the perfect crime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt0q6uflFMU

we have nothing to fear, the government will activate the emergency sirens, giving us all plenty of time to get under ground:

Attachments

• the time machine eloi siren pic.jpe
    the time machine eloi siren pic.jpe
    2.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
M

McX

moved around..............yep, all the money has moved from our pockets and into the hands of the banks, special interests, and the government itself.

world going to end in dec?! i knew it, zombies or aliens, or maybe zombie-aliens. with our luck the aliens that show up will the the bums of space, and overnight all our hubcaps on our cars will disappear. you know how they love them shiny objects.

Beretta92FSLady

moved around..............yep, all the money has moved from our pockets and into the hands of the banks, special interests, and the government itself.

world going to end in dec?! i knew it, zombies or aliens, or maybe zombie-aliens. with our luck the aliens that show up will the the bums of space, and overnight all our hubcaps on our cars will disappear. you know how they love them shiny objects.

Are you saying aliens are Liberal--Liberal outerspace aliens!

Your Republican savior, W. Bush, overseen the explosion of outsourcing. And W. Bush gave hundreds of billions of dollars to banks before he departed...isn't that sweet of him?