• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns across america rally heres the scoop

DEROS72

Guns across America Washington state

Olympia at Travoli fountain noon Saturday Jan 19th

Its coming together folks!!!

As of 1/12 /2013
RALLY at Tivoil Fountian on the Washington capital campus high noon Saturday Jan. 19th 2013 One week away! There will speakers on 2nd amendment issues including Dave Workman from the Second Amendment Foundation, noted gun writer, author, gun rights examiner columnist along with music, opening with Kerry Hooks and the National anthem. Included will be a short tribute to our veterans and active duty armed forces. Jim Beal and Bill Starks from Washington Open carry ,organizers of the last two successful capital rallys and other 2A events have agreed to ramrod the program.(face book photos of our 2011 event http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0067797.-2207520000.1358120365&type=3&theater).
We ask that you make your own signs and one extra! Signs need to be clean and fact based and please double check your facts! Everyone please share this event with all you know as we are already expecting a great turnout.
Free sodas, water, coffee will be provided at various points around the park. The will be balloons and activities for the kids ,so bring the whole family.

Rally Photos
‎2nd Amendment Rally April 30th 2011 at the capital in Olympia
By: Jim Beal

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Ideas for signs, feel free to use them as you see fit.

I've got one side of my sign designed now I need to design the other side.

Something like, "AN ARMED CITIZEN IS A FREE CITIZEN"

Or "SLAVES CAN'T OWN WEAPONS, SO WHY AM I TO GIVE MINE UP?"

"EVEN SLAVES WERE GIVEN ARMS AT THE END OF THEIR SLAVERY IN ..."(I think it was Roman) I'll look it up before using it.

"IF 'GUN FREE' ZONES REALLY WORKED, THEN WHY HAVE MOST MAJOR SHOOTING HAPPENED IN 'GUN FREE' ZONES?"

"THE GOVERNMENT GETS IT'S POWER FROM THE PEOPLE, IF THE PEOPLE DON'T FIRST HAVE THE POWER THEN THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T HAVE THE POWER"

"A REPUBLIC DEFENDS AN INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHTS, A DEMOCRACY ONLY DEFENDS A MOB'S RIGHTS"

sudden valley gunner

Busy month.

I'll be there Jim.

This is important, they are going to push hard this year they made that abundantly clear, at the ceasefire event. They don't care about logic, safety or reason.....they are just angry.

acmariner99

A Few Ideas

1) Last year Washington fought hard for the rights of many, why should I have to give mine up now?
2) The 2A keeps the government in it's place!
3) Stopping government gone bad is why the 2nd Amendment exists!
4) I am not asking for government protection, besides it can't protect me!
5) Do you think that government roundups can't happen in the USA? See Japanese internment camps & Katrina 2005. This is much easier when citizens are disarmed!
6) If we were as violent and dangerous as some think - we wouldn't be here asking for our rights to be respected!

DEROS72

It's time folks, to put aside personal prejudices and fight for fundamental rights!

Nice!

Thanks guys and Dave that is very appreciated. Yes I will need some help .One can anyone get a helium tank for blowing up balloons.I'llsupply all the balloons .Just for start.

FrayedString

A sign idea I've been kicking around.

If the 2nd can be broken, what about the other 9?
If the 2nd can be lost, what about the other 9?
If the 2nd can be violated, what about the other 9?

Or something like that, you get the idea. I'm not in love with the wording, but something along those lines.

Freedom1Man

Busy month.

I'll be there Jim.

This is important, they are going to push hard this year they made that abundantly clear, at the ceasefire event. They don't care about logic, safety or reason.....they are just angry.

What is an assault weapon anyways?

The answers I got where all over the board.

I did let my mouth slip with one woman though. She told me that my gun made her 'uncomfortable'. I told her that her hoplophobia and mental deficiencies were not my problem.

Another guy told me that we need to get weapons out of the hands of murders. I told him that I agree, we should disarm our military.

Last edited:

kparker

I'm thinking Article I Section 24 of the state constitution (or the first part, anyway) isn't too long to fit on a sign:

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired...

Washington State Constitution, Article I, Section 24

hermannr

Dave!

I will not be able to read you examiner articles if I cannot stop the data streaming commercials. The take too much bandwidth, Yes I have a popup blocker, but these are imbedded in the sidebar. I got to 3 out of 204 before I killed the link...and I had not even finished reading your page.

I guess they don't care about the people that have to live with dialup anymore.

Last edited: