• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

off topic... Shooting in Auburn

Beretta92FSLady

I will round it off, and bring it to OC related...before someone jumps your butt for it:

OC/CC and alcohol DOES NOT mix. IMO, any person that OC/CC, and consumed alcohol (more than a modest beverage) is playing with fire, and ought to have the hammer (pun intended) sent down on them when they mix the two, and find their way in a shootout linked to being a belligerent drinker.

I know there are going to be people piping up and declaring, "I drink...and am responsible!" Yes, I suppose you have been so far. It interesting how it doesn't seem to be the case for people who end up mixing alcohol and carrying, that end-up getting into a gunfight in a parking lot late at night with fifty people standing around.

bmg50cal

They mix just fine.

guns+and+liquor.jpg

Beretta92FSLady

Booze, firearms, and driving...I'm sure they do. Here in Washington State, there will likely be a shop like that that sells marijuana to go as well.

Beretta92FSLady

That's a law that ought to be changed, IMO. I don't go to bars, but have been invited, and opted not to since I can't carry in them.

Stretch

OC'd yesterday at a BBQ, and had a couple beers. My firearm never came out of its holster.

Sent by Droid

Last edited:

decklin

A guy at work was talking about this today. He said the problem would be fixed if they banned guns.
I said, "Oh, you mean like prohibition?"
He says, "exactly."

MORON

SpyderTattoo

I've been to that bar a few times. It's been awhile though. I haven't been back there in about a year and I wasn't planning to ever go back there again. The crowd there can get a bit unruly and I've felt nervous when leaving when the bar closes. People do mill-about the parking lot for quite a while usually, before making their way out of there. Auburn PD has been in the parking lot with at least two cruisers each time I've been there though.

amlevin

Couldn't have happened since guns aren't allowed in bars in WA.

guns "weren't" in the bar. the fight and shooting occurred in the parking lot of said bar.

Willing to bet the guns started in the bar, before they moved outside.

Agreed. Since the reports of this shooting all seem to say "a fight started and then guns were pulled out" it's more likely than not they were concealed, not left in cars.

Let's see, we outlaw guns in bars and don't allow felons to posses firearms. Looks like in order to prevent incidents like this we just need more laws, right?

GoGo- Were you making some kind of statement with that picture? That all the participants were Black? Who knows, maybe some had families like this:

images

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Agreed. Since the reports of this shooting all seem to say "a fight started and then guns were pulled out" it's more likely than not they were concealed, not left in cars.

Let's see, we outlaw guns in bars and don't allow felons to posses firearms. Looks like in order to prevent incidents like this we just need more laws, right?

GoGo- Were you making some kind of statement with that picture? That all the participants were Black? Who knows, maybe some had families like this:

images

No, I simply posted the picture the media put into their story for people to draw their own conclusions.

More today...

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020689263_auburnshootingxml.html

The 28-year-old was arrested in Federal Way after police stopped a bullet-riddled 1996 Chevrolet Impala that had been reported leaving the scene by Auburn officers, Hirman said.