• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TN Police Confiscate mans AK47

Thundar

Without RKBA, OC is [I]sine qua non[/I].

[/I]
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES If you do not agree with any of these Rules then please do not use this site, because BY USING THIS SITE YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE IRREVOCABLY AGREED TO THESE RULES. Please note that these Rules may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should review the current Rules regularly, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as irrevocable acceptance of any revisions.
FORUM RULES

• (8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.
  • (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

RKBA incidents in Tennessee ARE directly relate to Open Carry of a handgun in a holster in Tennessee. Without RKBA, OC is sine qua non.

I don't know why you think you are the topicality policeman, but you are not. Get over it dude.

Grassroots

[/I]

RKBA incidents in Tennessee ARE directly relate to Open Carry of a handgun in a holster in Tennessee. Without RKBA, OC is sine qua non.

I don't know why you think you are the topicality policeman, but you are not. Get over it dude.

COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

All Kingfish is trying to say is there are rules here, period. Go post in the GD thread on anything that doesn't keep in path with the rules of the forum. However, it seems as if the rules here are just made to be broken. Slow can make a personal attack once a week and Kwik can use the site for monetary gain and be the most defaming person towards those sworn to protect others (whether you like it or not).

M

McX

you guys ever notice how cops are absolute knobs when it comes to confiscating a gun, they jump up and down about it, show the sucker on tv, like they just got the heisman trophy or something.

Thundar

Contribute or move on please

All Kingfish is trying to say is there are rules here, period. Go post in the GD thread on anything that doesn't keep in path with the rules of the forum. However, it seems as if the rules here are just made to be broken. Slow can make a personal attack once a week and Kwik can use the site for monetary gain and be the most defaming person towards those sworn to protect others (whether you like it or not).

Please do not try to hijack this thread and turn it into another personal insult swapping page. Most in the members of the forum are tired of that.

Like I told Kingfish, my post is within the rules of the forum. Take a look at what is posted in the other state forums. Neither you nor Kingfish have been deputized as the Tennessee forum topicality police. Please contribute to the discussion or move on.

Just pretend that this is in the general discussion section, and focus on the seizure of firearms instead of the fact that one of the guns seized was an AK 47. What do you think about the possible RKBA infringement of a 2A advocate in Tennessee?

slowfiveoh

Thundar, you are capable of comprehension some other posters are not. I know it will be hard for you to rationalize, but yes sir, some people are literally that short-sighted. Some people are indeed incapable of processing that sort of obvious connection between scenarios.

But, I digress.

I simply want you to realize that it is not worth it. You can't fix those with weaker processing abilities. Especially when they don't want to be fixed.

On Topic:

You are absolutely correct. The connection is there.

The problem in this case is of course accountability. Some cops just don't have it.

I am very interested to see what happens in this case. Previous posts had led me to believe, that "Tennesseans have it pretty good when it comes to RKBA". Clearly this is a half-truth at best.

I wish this guy the best of luck, and I hope he is compensated so well from this infringement, that he can get rid of the AK and get a AR. ;)

HvyMtl

jumping the gun

Ok, so the fellow cannot give details, and logically so. So... We cannot draw conclusions, gather information, or look at trying to figure out what needs to be done until after his Court proceedings...

So, How about posting when we can know what happened?

RussP

I've spoken to the confiscation victim. His Glock pistol was also taken, in addition to his AK. He was from out of state passing through TN returning from an open carry event in VA which I organized. Google "restore the constitution rally" for news reports of the event.

-Daniel Almond
The victim has said he will release all info once the legal stuff is out of the way, as per his lawyer's guidance. Wish I could put more info out.
Daniel, on your blog you say, "And the action was perpetrated against someone as a direct result of his choosing to travel and take time to attend the Restore the Constitution open carry rally."

What does that mean? Did the cop confiscate his weapons because he directly knew the victim had been to the Virginia open carry event? If so, how did the officer know he'd been to the RTC gathering?

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I decided to leave this post in the Tennessee forum because it is NOT advocating the carry of long guns but it WAS a seizure that should concern us all.

Having said that, if I see any more of the Kwik war sprouting up here, I will use my new policy of closing all such threads. Fair warning ...

John

BARELY ILLEGAL

I spoke to the victim today, and he still has not received his guns back. He's still communicating with the jurisdiction through his attorney, so, unfortunately, he can't go public with the details just yet. As soon as it's resolved or "done" to his (the victim's) satisfaction, I should be able to relay all of the details.

HvyMtl

Barely Illegal,

May I make a suggestion? As soon as you can post the info, please start a fresh thread (closing this one) so the clutter does not cut the information.

Truly curious as to what happened.

BARELY ILLEGAL

Barely Illegal,

May I make a suggestion? As soon as you can post the info, please start a fresh thread (closing this one) so the clutter does not cut the information.

Sure, no problem. There probably won't be much more coming out until then anyway. I put out advance word because there is often a lag time between incident and "resolution."

BARELY ILLEGAL

Barely Illegal,

Will do. Unfortunately, it's taking longer than I thought for any kind of "resolution." For now, is there any state level group in TN for gun rights that might be able to help? In my home state of Georgia we have GeorgiaCarry.org. Does TN have anything like that?

BARELY ILLEGAL