• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun shops

IH8SPM

Wow.

I just "liked" them so I can see future updates.

I'm there quite often, and they have PLENTY of minority customers spending money there. I never seen them turn a customer down.

Will be interesting to see how this ends up.

Jonathan

I read somewhere you were not a fan of Hoffman's. :question:

KIX

I read somewhere you were not a fan of Hoffman's. :question:

For starters.. you have to "like" them to follow them on facebook.

In the past, I had horrible service years ago.

The last year plus I've seem to have had fine service. There are a few people behind the counter that genuinely work hard (like Chris, he's ALWAYS with a customer). With the ebb and flow of customers in this crazy political climate, there are times when they are just plain BUSY. However, I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that I can make two separate firearms purchases and walk out the door before one is made at Cabelas.

Jonathan

IH8SPM

For starters.. you have to "like" them to follow them on facebook.

In the past, I had horrible service years ago.

The last year plus I've seem to have had fine service. There are a few people behind the counter that genuinely work hard (like Chris, he's ALWAYS with a customer). With the ebb and flow of customers in this crazy political climate, there are times when they are just plain BUSY. However, I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that I can make two separate firearms purchases and walk out the door before one is made at Cabelas.

Jonathan
I should have added a Smiley face at the end. I have just been reading thro.ugh some old post and found several old new topics and I guess some things have gone both ways since. CT tactical is my store. Since I had not gone t local shop I had no idea that the prices were so rediculos at cabelas . For example a cw 9mm kahr is $20 less used at cabelas. Why buy used? It doesn't even come with all the original items. Hope you were not offended.

KIX

Oh hells no.

My skin is much thicker than that brother!

Jonathan

SwampYankee

K5 is bad news. They are a bunch of crooks. Guy I know went in there with a $20K machine gun and they offered him $5K, thinking he was too dumb to know otherwise.... Sure, a dealer has to make some return on a used item but they tried to screw this guy over for at least $15,000. That's just not nice. He ended up going elsewhere and they gave him $17.5K.

davidmcbeth

Banned

A sign of a bad merchant. The feds passed a law releasing the dealer from liability as long as the rules are followed. A ffl should sell to anyone. And this dealer is getting many calls from BATF/ATF about the guns they sold? Really? I really doubt it.

And why does the ffl care about the guns that are legally purchased being used in a crime? He should just hand over his license if he is that worried about it.

Most ffls I know don't worry themselves to much over this aspect of being a gun dealer.

customcreationllc

X-tactical in Naugatuck
Seem like nice guys I live 1/4mile from there so it is convenient.

I bought my last 2 guns from them, I know they don't have a huge store but I found the guys to be nice.
I bought a gun Diamondback 380 and 2 boxes of ammo with it I forget the brand red paint on the back, it must have hard primers.
Brand new gun and only every other one fired the ones that didn't had a nice dent in the primer.
I brought the gun back the owner took the gun home and fired it for himself, then gave me 2 new boxes of ammo that worked on the house.

They also are somewhat negotiable on prices.

And they are Class3 dealers so have a bunch of subsonics.

If they don't carrier the products it's because they don't get a good price and tell you your better off getting it online.

I also don't have a ton of money to spend on guns so I haven't been to all the stores on the list.
I used to live in Monroe there was 3 gun stores there now 2 the shooting range burnt down.
Notice they are not on your list, haven't been to them since I was buying sling shots and BB guns.
One on route 25 behind wines unlimited, stepeny hardware yes entrance is in the rear of the building.
And the other is on route 111 down the road from Big Y. next to a liquor store.

IH8SPM

X tactical I just saw and heard mentioned now for the 3 time. Seems like they are new or just not most people's favorite or known of. You listed two for Monroe but no information? Let us know.

Thanks

Sent using Tapatalk without spelling or grammer check.