• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New,Unsafe Protocall at Gibralter Trade in Mount Clemens(gun show?)!

TheQ

I started the thread simply to gather information on the topic. I try my best (like a good Roberts Rule of order chair) to remain neutral in discussion.

My post was intended to not show a disposition on my part one way or the other.

Last edited:

scot623

Patron "Hi Mr Gibraltar, I recently paid to enter a gun show hosted at your facility. I paid to enter even though they wouldn't allow me to carry a loaded gun. I want you to change your policy so I can carry a loaded gun next time. Thanks."

Response "Hello patron, Why should we change the policy to allow loaded carry? You obviously didn't care enough last time because you still paid to enter. Why should I trust you won't just pay to enter again when we don't change the policy? Oh by the way, thanks for paying the entrance fee, I just bought a new boat because all you gun guys sell out your convictions just to buy overpriced ammo. Suckers."

Raggs

Gentlemen, All I said was that it had been discussed and then Scott623 took issue with that. I am not attacking anyone. I was simply pointing out that just because a group has a table at the fudapalooza did not mean they were for all policies anymore than MOC if they decided to have a table there would be. I am not kicking EZ theQ or anyone else.

Ezerharden

Gentlemen, All I said was that it had been discussed and then Scott623 took issue with that. I am not attacking anyone. I was simply pointing out that just because a group has a table at the fudapalooza did not mean they were for all policies anymore than MOC if they decided to have a table there would be. I am not kicking EZ theQ or anyone else.

Didn't say you were, I just wanted to be sure that everyone knew the post that was cited was largely because of an idea I had, not MOC. God knows they get lit up enough already for stuff, so I didn't want to have another baseless accusation for some to seize upon.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Patron "Hi Mr Gibraltar, I recently paid to enter a gun show hosted at your facility. I paid to enter even though they wouldn't allow me to carry a loaded gun. I want you to change your policy so I can carry a loaded gun next time. Thanks."

Response "Hello patron, Why should we change the policy to allow loaded carry? You obviously didn't care enough last time because you still paid to enter. Why should I trust you won't just pay to enter again when we don't change the policy? Oh by the way, thanks for paying the entrance fee, I just bought a new boat because all you gun guys sell out your convictions just to buy overpriced ammo. Suckers."

You don't send missionaries to the believers; you send them to the uninformed...

I see no problem with taking the opportunity to make a few 'converts', provided it doesn't line the pockets of those who would oppress us.

As far as actually giving the promoters any of my hard earned money, NEVER, EVER, EVER. No money for those who would trample our rights- not one penny. Vote with your wallets and your feet.

Ezerharden

You don't send missionaries to the believers; you send them to the uninformed...

I see no problem with taking the opportunity to make a few 'converts', provided it doesn't line the pockets of those who would oppress us.

As far as actually giving the promoters any of my hard earned money, NEVER, EVER, EVER. No money for those who would trample our rights- not one penny. Vote with your wallets and your feet.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post. On one hand you seem to agree with the idea that the gun show patrons need to stand against the policy, yet on the other you advocate avoidance of those venues. Not sure how to do both at the same time. If you send missionaries to the cannibals you run the risk of them being tasted. Can you show me some businesses that have changed their policy because of one or two people boycotting them? The more we can get involved, the better a chance we have. However to get to those people we need to be visible at those places.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post. On one hand you seem to agree with the idea that the gun show patrons need to stand against the policy, yet on the other you advocate avoidance of those venues. Not sure how to do both at the same time. If you send missionaries to the cannibals you run the risk of them being tasted. Can you show me some businesses that have changed their policy because of one or two people boycotting them? The more we can get involved, the better a chance we have. However to get to those people we need to be visible at those places.

sorry; allow me to clarify-

Yes, it is OK to have a booth to recruit membership at shows that do not allow lawful carry.

No, it is not OK to financially support shows that undermine human rights.

I believe that once the missionaries give the cannibals a taste of a cheese burger, they'll give up 'long pig' willingly.:D

I agree that it will take a lot of people who will refuse to support those who oppress our rights to make a sufficient financial impact. There will always be those who will sell their rights for a few bucks. For those, there is no 'salvation', only slavery.

Ezerharden

Yes, it is OK to have a booth to recruit membership at shows that do not allow lawful carry.

I believe that once the missionaries give the cannibals a taste of a cheese burger, they'll give up 'long pig' willingly.:D

I agree that it will take a lot of people who will refuse to support those who oppress our rights to make a sufficient financial impact. There will always be those who will sell their rights for a few bucks. For those, there is no 'salvation', only slavery.

Thanks for the clarification. As to the cheeseburger, that depends on where it came from. If it were made by my ex, they would go back to the missionaries lol

scot623

So would you actively tell every person at the table that MOC does not agree with the ban on lawful carry, and the table was free so we aren't supporting the venue financially?

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
So would you actively tell every person at the table that MOC does not agree with the ban on lawful carry, and the table was free so we aren't supporting the venue financially?

Hmmm- perhaps not right there, probably at a later date, they would be 'exposed' to some truth on the forums, which may include some thoughts on the hypocrisy of selling guns, but not allowing them to be lawfully carried.

Yeah, sounds a little hypocritical, but I can live with that.:D

Haman J.T.

Hmmm- perhaps not right there, probably at a later date, they would be 'exposed' to some truth on the forums, which may include some thoughts on the hypocrisy of selling guns, but not allowing them to be lawfully carried.

Yeah, sounds a little hypocritical, but I can live with that.:D
AFree table to point out,to hundreds of people,that the policy they're forced to adhere to in order to enter the show,is unconstitutional and unsafe?Sounds like a great Idea,with a captive(usualy pro-gun) audience!

Raggs

Would the table be free? And the policy is dumb, not sure if it is unconstitutional.

AFree table to point out,to hundreds of people,that the policy they're forced to adhere to in order to enter the show,is unconstitutional and unsafe?Sounds like a great Idea,with a captive(usualy pro-gun) audience!

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator

It would appear that Gibraltar is privately owned & operated, so constitutionality is moot. Their property, their rules.

Our position should be that of 'starving' them financially because of their attitude toward human rights.

Haman J.T.

Would the table be free? And the policy is dumb, not sure if it is unconstitutional.
I'm sure Infringement,by government is an absolute violation of Natural Rights,and an Infringement of The Public by those who entertain the Public also a violation of Natural Rights!

Raggs

I won't disagree, however I replied to the term unconstitutional. if it is private property I have no want of the Govt making them allow firearms at all.

I'm sure Infringement,by government is an absolute violation of Natural Rights,and an Infringement of The Public by those who entertain the Public also a violation of Natural Rights!