• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[Lane County] CHL Application Drug Test?

catastrophic_success

Hey guys. I was just wondering if there is a drug test when you apply for a CHL in lane county. I would pass the test of course. But I get very very very nervous about that kind of a thing, almost like a phobia if you would. Even when I am applying for jobs :p I think subconsciously I am terrified I might piss all over the cup and myself and it would be horribly embarrassing. Anyways sorry for the rant, I would just like to know what to expect so I can mentally prepare :p Again I do not do drugs and will gladly take a test. I just want to know so I can be ready. Yes this is weird and random. But I am the kind of person that feels a weird pain in my foot and worries about heart attacks for a week.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Last edited:

catastrophic_success

How hard is it to determine the requirements for a CHL?
http://www.lanecounty.org/departmen...dhandgunlicense-frequentlyaskedquestions.aspx

........state law requires authorities to issue a license unless the applicants are disqualified for criminal records, mental illness or drug use
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2013/10/oregon_concealed_handgun_licen_2.html

Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning. :lol:

I understand the requirements, As I said I do not do drugs. I will gladly take and pass a drug test. I just want to know so I can mentally prepare myself because I have a weird anxiety thing about peeing in cups :p

For example they ask you if you do drugs when you buy a gun, and it's a federal requirement that you don't use drugs to buy a gun. But they don't test you there for that.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

I'm just going to call their office and ask :p did you not read what I read above? I will gladly take and pass a test. I get extremely nervous about peeing in cups even at the doctors office.

DONT Call!! You Will sound like the guilty dog....

ASSUME that you will need to take and pass a piss test!! You dont mind...

Then you will be relieved because you will Not have to take one....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Hmmm - reverse psychology. Yes?

Then you will not have to take one. No?

catastrophic_success

I did call because I don't have a dang thing to hide I don't care if I sound like the most "guilty" person on the face of this earth. They said there is no test.

Contrarian

Drug test - or not.

It's not rudeness necessarily... more like surprise and amazement that you are so willing to bow down for an activity that you aren't even sure is required.
You were Internet savvy enough to find this site - why not look up ''Gun license requirements" for your state or any you may want a tag from?
Not a lot of 'kneel before the State' types on this forum : it's about freedom after all.