• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dennys 3rd Saturday Meet. LAST ONE 9-18-10

jt59

69Charger

. Passing on the torch." LAST POST".

Thank you to all I have met. You have been good friends.
I have learned and appreciate what others are doing to promote the normalization of handguns in the general public.
Unfortunately I have come to realize that I can not fit the profile which many here feel you need to fit. Its just not in my nature on too many issues.
I will continue to Open Carry when the weather permits (as I did before joining this forum) and try not to damage what others have worked for.
And will always support our 2nd amendment rights. (in the way I have for the last 30yrs) And am proud of.
But It is now up to someone else to organize a get together.
Its hard when your heart is not in it. And I find mine is not. Too many personal issues.
It has been an eye opener.
Stay safe and keep your powder dry.:)
SEMPER FI
Dave

jt59

From a space standpoint here is one that will work:

Elmer's Breakfast-Lunch- (Food/service-very good, avg pricing)
7427 South Hosmer Street
Tacoma, WA 98408-1220
(253) 473-0855

.... he said he was open to it (he's from Montana). They are quite busy on Sat. AM's and seating would only be limited on that basis, as he doesn't take group reservations on Sat AM, so, we have two options depending on availability and numbers:

I just spoke with the GM here and followed up, and he said no problem they'd be happy to have us...he just needs to know if we want to hold the room, or just go with the general seating option (if it's a busy Saturday, we may be seated in smaller groups of 4-8 or so)...But, we don't need to give a gaurantee of the $150 in meal purchases on the conference room unless we want to make it exclusive....and not open to John Q.

So, if this is your pleasure, voice your opinion, if this is where we want to go, and I'll communicate back to him if we'll be coming there or not.

October 16th, 10:00 AM

Last edited:

jt59

9-18-10

10802 Pacific Ave South Tacoma Wa.
10 AM

WE ARE GETTING TO THE POINT WHERE WE NEED MORE AND BETTER SEATING, SO THIS MONTHS MEET WILL BE THE LAST ONE WE WILL HAVE AT DENNYS here in Tacoma.

Any Ideas as to a good location will be appreciated. :)

Hope to see you at Dennys this month and get ready to get together at a new location on the 3rd Saturday next month. 10-16-10 New is good. :)
Dave

As far as I know, the meet isn't cancelled just because Dave left.....he just may not be there.

Also, going forward, do we really need someone to "organize" as much just remind everyone that we are meeting the 3rd Saturday of the month....

For October

I just spoke with the GM here, and he said no problem they'd be happy to have us...he just needs to know if we want to hold the room, or just go with the general seating option (if it's a busy Saturday, we may be seated in smaller groups of 4-8 or so)...But, we don't need to give a gaurantee of the $150 in meal purchases on the conference room unless we want to make it exclusive....and not open to John Q.

Elmer's Breakfast-Lunch- (Food/service-very good, avg pricing)
7427 South Hosmer Street
Tacoma, WA 98408-1220
(253) 473-0855

So, if this is your pleasure, voice your opinion, if this is where we want to go, and I'll communicate back to him if we'll be coming there or not.

October 16th, 10:00 AM

Last edited:

jt59

Will do,

Won't make tomorrow however, I am working over in Yakima for the day....

Have fun

We'll be at Elmers In OCTOBER

Deleted_User

Nice little get together. Thanks to all who came out. Nice to meet you Tom. Always a pleasure everyone else, including the Cabela's run :)

Squeak

so far, deros, goose and family, scott, bookman and dan, denken, spencer, gogodawgs and tom bewster

Where'd you find a goose? I had a goose once; tasted pretty good. Yeah, a goose doesn't have a FAMILY. They have a FLOCK! You city-slickers!:banana::banana:

Deleted_User

OT: SQUAWK! SQUAWK! SQUEAK! SQUAWK!

Anyone got a cat around? I see a mouse that needs chasing :)

Can't wait to meet you in Vancouver Squeak, hoping you can make it of course. If not, I'm up the Peninsula regularly. We'll have to get a bite somewhere.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Denny's

Deros and I got there a bit early and good thing we did, it appeared to surprise the manager who has been so nice to us over the past few months. They were not prepared for a group but by 10am the manager had sprung into action for the 'gun guys' and put 4 tables together so the dozen of us could enjoy a nice meal and some great conversation.

DEROS72

I thought this was Chargers last one and he didn't even show ...?Anyway good seeing you guys as always.GoGo and I left early and spent the day at the monroe gun show..Said hello to Spyder tatoo.

Trigger Dr

I thought this was Chargers last one and he didn't even show ...?Anyway good seeing you guys as always.GoGo and I left early and spent the day at the monroe gun show..Said hello to Spyder tatoo.

I'm not surprised that he didn't show up given the reception he had when he announced his intent to leave the forum. Some of you need to be a bit ashamed.