• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas should investigate illegal gun running by BATFE

Thundar

Texas should investigate the Fast and the Furious criminal activity of the BATFE
The criminal gang known as the BATFE has illegally conspired to traffic firearms from Arizona to Mexico in gross violation of the Gun Control Act of 1968.

There is currently a Federal investigation into the activities of this criminal organization. I would however highly recommend that the good citizens of Texas urge their Attorney General to launch an investigation into project fast and furious to determine the scope of the violations of Texas Law that have been perpetrated by this criminal organization. The Feds do not investigate violations of state law, which by all accounts I have read, were committed hundreds of times.

The Texas Governor should stand up to the Feds again and see that any criminal conspiracies perpetrated by the BATFE are punished to the fullest extent allowed by Texas law.

You guys have some pretty good sheriffs, maybe they would like to investigate large scale gun running in their counties.

Remember, if you let these scum urinate on your laws once, they will do it again and again until somebody makes them stop.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,
Thundar

PracticalTactical

Everybody in the gun world is always bagging on ATF, but like any organization they have good and bad folks.

Based on my experiences, I think the good ones would be as eager as any of us to have the bad ones out of everybody's hair. Just think of that annoying jerk two cubicles over that everybody in your office hates, it's just like that really :)

Shameless Sig Plug: Practical Tactical Training - The Best CHL class value in Southern New Mexico. PM me for details or call 575-520-8888

KBCraig

Texas should investigate the Fast and the Furious criminal activity of the BATFE
The criminal gang known as the BATFE has illegally conspired to traffic firearms from Arizona to Mexico in gross violation of the Gun Control Act of 1968.

The Texas Governor should stand up to the Feds again and see that any criminal conspiracies perpetrated by the BATFE are punished to the fullest extent allowed by Texas law.

What violation of Texas law is there to investigate?

Thundar

What violation of Texas law is there to investigate?

1) Cospiracy. No cite necessary

2) Unlawful Transfer of Certain Weapons

Cite:
Texas Penal Code 46.06. Unlawful Transfer of Certain Weapons
(a) A person commits an offense if the person:
(1) sells, rents, leases, loans, or gives a handgun
to any person knowing that the person to
whom the handgun is to be delivered intends to
use it unlawfully or in the commission of an unlawful
act;

bushwacker

Well now if a branch of the batf were found doing these or any other criminal acts in texas and if the information as well as the rewards are collected and shared to inhance at least two or more if not all of the many branches of the batf then I would truly believe that what we have is a violation of the R.I.C.O. act
This would also put them in the criminal gang profile and what is the Texas stance on members of criminal gangs and carrying guns .... your not even allowed to get a ccl if you are a member of a criminal gang.
As far as the "well they arn't all bad just because of a few bad ones cry goes", I say they get the guilty by association rule, they put it on the mafia, bike, street, race, prision,and political gang members, bad or good ,especially the good ones so they will tattle on the others. yup, give them all the G B A rule ...unless there are any good BATF ones that wanna rat fink for us.....any takers....well....don't be afraid....step up, because if you don't help us:uhoh: we cannot help you :D......right?

KBCraig

1) Cospiracy. No cite necessary
C'mon, you could have at least tried!

BTW, Rule 5 makes it incumbent upon you to cite to authority whenever you claim a rule of law.

) Unlawful Transfer of Certain Weapons

Cite:
Texas Penal Code 46.06. Unlawful Transfer of Certain Weapons
(a) A person commits an offense if the person:
(1) sells, rents, leases, loans, or gives a handgun
to any person knowing that the person to
whom the handgun is to be delivered intends to
use it unlawfully or in the commission of an unlawful
act;
Fails on several points. First, this case was about rifles, not handguns, so PC 46.06 doesn't even apply. Second, mens rea is a tough barrier to climb, and this requires meeting the "knowing" level, not just "recklessly" or even "should have known".

For PC 46.06 to apply, someone has to provide a handgun to another while knowing that the other person intends to use it unlawfully or in the commission of a crime. Meeting the standard of evidence here pretty much requires incontrovertible evidence that the transferor and transferee discussed the intended future unlawful use of the handgun (again, it doesn't apply to long guns like those involved in this case).

Last edited:

Thundar

C'mon, you could have at least tried!

BTW, Rule 5 makes it incumbent upon you to cite to authority whenever you claim a rule of law.

Fails on several points. First, this case was about rifles, not handguns, so PC 46.06 doesn't even apply. Second, mens rea is a tough barrier to climb, and this requires meeting the "knowing" level, not just "recklessly" or even "should have known".

For PC 46.06 to apply, someone has to provide a handgun to another while knowing that the other person intends to use it unlawfully or in the commission of a crime. Meeting the standard of evidence here pretty much requires incontrovertible evidence that the transferor and transferee discussed the intended future unlawful use of the handgun (again, it doesn't apply to long guns like those involved in this case).

1) Project gunwalker was mostly rifles, but also included handguns.

2) Knowledge of future unlawful use will be easy to prove with the information that is forthcoming in the congressional subpoenas.

Come on Texas: Arrest and prosecute the gun running BATFE bastards whose criminal behavior caused the death of a US Border Patrol Agent.

Thundar

Good News, the possible criminal culpability conversation is also beginning elsewhere

Others are asking about BATFE criminal culpability. From FAVSTOCKS:
…Since I live in Arizona, I have a much closer vested interest in how border issues are handled…
…To find out that the US BATF is supplying the weapons that may be used to kill me and my family makes me very concerned, and very angry…
…How do our so called Police agencies escape prosecution from such blatant and aggressive illegal behavior? Who has granted the BATF the de facto license to kill active duty members of other US Government policing agencies?...
Link: http://www.favstocks.com/mike-harris-obama’s-secret-gun-running-to-the-mexican-cartels/0642287/