• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Was it someone from this site? Unicorn in Ruckersville

hometheaterman

I was on 33 today right at the intersection where it meets with 29 in Ruckersville and saw a red Mazda car with a VCDL sticker, Guns Save Lives sticker, and a few Sig stickers. I just wondered if it was anyone from on here. This is the first time I've seen the GSL sticker locally and I know many guys on here have it on their vehicles.

Marco

This is the first time I've seen the GSL sticker locally

That is surprizing that this is your first sighting of a GSL locally.
I've noticed more VCDL/GSL stickers/magnets in this area than when I lived in NoVA.
Heck, there's even someone that has an Opencarry related license plate, I noticed it when it was parked in the overflow/dirt lot near my wifes place of employement.
Noticed a GSL magnet on a stroller once while at our usual breakfast spot, ened up having a nice conversation with the folks, their dogs were extremely well behaved for being around all those folks eating.

For the record it wasn't me, I don't drive a Mazda.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
How is it a unicorn if it has a VCDL and GSL sticker? Those items virtually assure it is not a unicorn.

hometheaterman

I'm not sure why I haven't seen more, but it was the first one I've noticed. I've bumped into a couple of open carriers, but after chatting with them only one of them was a member on this site. I tried to tell the others about this site, and I hope they now are members too.

As for the unicorn, I'm not sure. That's why I didn't initially use that word, whoever edited did. I wasn't sure if that's what I should call it or not since it wasn't really someone open carrying.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP As for the unicorn...I wasn't sure if that's what I should call it or not...

Easily solved.

A unicorn is someone who open carries without having heard of VCDL, OCDO, etc., just from finding out on their own it is not prohibited.

Such a person was judged to be as rare as a unicorn.

Given the press coverage of OC over the last few years, its kinda doubtful any new unicorns will appear. Although, the pre-OCDO original unicorns are still around. New Mexico and Arizona seemed to have a good number of them. A couple are even members here. I think SonoraRebel is one.

Mr H

A unicorn is someone who open carries without having heard of VCDL, OCDO, etc., just from finding out on their own it is not prohibited.

Such a person was judged to be as rare as a unicorn.

I'd never heard it defined before... thanks.

In MD, however, I tend to think of anyone who openly shows themselves to be a handgun owner/2A supoporter to be a Unicorn.

SuperDad

Charlottesville / Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
I was on 33 today right at the intersection where it meets with 29 in Ruckersville and saw a red Mazda car with a VCDL sticker, Guns Save Lives sticker, and a few Sig stickers. I just wondered if it was anyone from on here. This is the first time I've seen the GSL sticker locally and I know many guys on here have it on their vehicles.

Sorry for the delay in responding but I've not checked the site in a few days. That was me in the Red Mazda sporting the VCDL/GSL/Sig stickers. Also have the big USN Retired stickers across the top. I'm around that area often as I live up in Stanardsville. Hope to see you around.