• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

brookfield wi mass shooting

Teej

I got that photo from the Patch news site. It and the rest of them look like they were taken today.

Putting on my photo analysis hat....

Interesting. I _think_ that has to be taken from the back of the building. Haven't been there, but that's clearly not the side that faces Moorland (west side of building) ...and it doesn't look like the North (towards McDonalds) or South (towards the country club) facades either. Ergo, I'm thinking it has to be from the back of the building where I'm guessing the main entrance is.

I doubt anyone would've been allowed on that (East) side of the building after the event started...

If that was from the east side...and I'm increasingly sure it is...the shadows are too low-angle for this time of year. I'd expect that shot to have been taken much closer to christmas time when the sun is lower in the sky....and earlier in the morning than this event took place, judging from the shadow of the "peak" of the roof.

Further evidence of that - there's snow on the building.

I don't think that pic is from today.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Good catch on the snow!
That looks like the main entrance, which is on the east side of the building, away from Moorland.
Would make sense that the snow is in the shadows to the north, too.
So while it may be from this past winter, it's not from any more recent time.
If it's from the news site, it's probably from a previous story or ad.

18:27 ETA: Just heard an interview with one of the customers, & she could not bring herself to say "black". Her hairdresser is an "ethnic woman who is married to an ethnic man". Sheesh.
If I'm to be described as white (sort of pink, actually) rather than European-American, it's only fair treatment that African-Americans be described as black. Or make us all hyphenated.

18:39 ETA: It's maddening how all the news reports, and even the chief who's talking now, point out that she had a restraining order & he was supposed to turn over his guns, with tones of amazement that an abusive criminal wouldn't follow the directions of a judge.
:banghead:
And not one has said anything about this being a "gun-free" zone.

ETA: someone on the WI Carry FB page is saying that his girlfriend goes to that spa & she says it's not posted, she carries there.

Last edited:

Teej

My personal feeling is that if you were born here, you are American, regardless of color.

If you moved here and have not naturalized, you are best referred to by the nation (or continent) of your birth.

Hyphenated-American should be used for people who have moved here and become citizens.

Color shouldn't be an issue when used simply as a subjective physical description.

When color or origin become terms of characterization rather than description...that's when there's problems.

But that's just my view.

anmut

Putting on my photo analysis hat....

Interesting. I _think_ that has to be taken from the back of the building. Haven't been there, but that's clearly not the side that faces Moorland (west side of building) ...and it doesn't look like the North (towards McDonalds) or South (towards the country club) facades either. Ergo, I'm thinking it has to be from the back of the building where I'm guessing the main entrance is.

I doubt anyone would've been allowed on that (East) side of the building after the event started...

If that was from the east side...and I'm increasingly sure it is...the shadows are too low-angle for this time of year. I'd expect that shot to have been taken much closer to christmas time when the sun is lower in the sky....and earlier in the morning than this event took place, judging from the shadow of the "peak" of the roof.

Further evidence of that - there's snow on the building.

I don't think that pic is from today.

Dude! Nice work! I never even noticed the snow!

anmut

Good catch on the snow!
That looks like the main entrance, which is on the east side of the building, away from Moorland.
Would make sense that the snow is in the shadows to the north, too.
So while it may be from this past winter, it's not from any more recent time.
If it's from the news site, it's probably from a previous story or ad.

18:27 ETA: Just heard an interview with one of the customers, & she could not bring herself to say "black". Her hairdresser is an "ethnic woman who is married to an ethnic man". Sheesh.
If I'm to be described as white (sort of pink, actually) rather than European-American, it's only fair treatment that African-Americans be described as black. Or make us all hyphenated.

18:39 ETA: It's maddening how all the news reports, and even the chief who's talking now, point out that she had a restraining order & he was supposed to turn over his guns, with tones of amazement that an abusive criminal wouldn't follow the directions of a judge.
:banghead:
And not one has said anything about this being a "gun-free" zone.

Another issue? How about the "IED" they found? No wait a bomb. No wait, it was a small fire that was next to a propane tank. Is this why the FBI is called in and is roaming the streets? And why, when they KNOW the shooter is dead do they say that he is at large? All they do is just scare everyone out of their minds...

As people who already take responsibility for our own safety we have to remind others that this is what can happen when they rely on the police with their guns. Or the sheriff with their swat truck. Or the FBI with all their wannabe tank.

Teej

Dude! Nice work! I never even noticed the snow!

Thanks. Nice work would've been seeing the snow immediately. :D

Instead I saw the difference between the front facade and the main entrance...and the strange angle of the shadows. Only after I realized that a: she wouldn't have had that angle for the photo after the incident occurred...and b: the shadow angles wouldn't make sense even if she happened to be behind the building at the right time... THEN I noticed the snow. heh.

Snake161

I can hear the Anti's calling for gun control once again in the coming days. If these things keep happening, the sun will set on the few gun rights we have left within the next 5 years. The wants of the few are outweighing the freedoms of the many. As long as people these days have an iphone, a 400sq ft living space and access to birth control and booze, they seem totally content with stuffing their useless non-producing faces and having sex and getting drunk, all while voting for people like Obama. I'm getting really tired of waking up to this kind of crap in the news because it gives these useless fearful people more fuel for their fire. Why should my constitutional rights be trampled because of a bunch of sheep.....I'm growing tired of this. :mad:

pkbites

I can't speak for yesterday. But I was at the place in late June with my wife. I specifically remember the place being posted as I remember telling my wife I didn't like her patronizing a business that insists it's customers are defenseless.