• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A good sign from congress?

rapgood

I sent my latest protestation to my members of congress re: pending bad gun laws. Instead of getting the canned "I hate guns and gun owners" missive from Senator Murray, I received the following (which I think is a good sign that someone, somewhere actually might be getting a clue)...

To: <rob@carpelaw.com>
Subject: Response from Senator Murray

Dear Mr. Apgood:

Thank you for contacting my office. Your thoughtful comments are greatly appreciated.

The views of Washingtonians are very important to my work. I will keep your thoughts in mind, and I encourage you to stay in touch. If you would like to know more about my work in the Senate, please feel free to sign up for my weekly updates at http://murray.senate.gov/updates. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Patty Murray
United States Senator

Senator Murray now spends many words to say nothing. I submit that she now understands the significant number of votes that she stands to alienate by blithely jumping on the anti-gun bandwagon...

jt59

I sent my latest protestation to my members of congress re: pending bad gun laws. Instead of getting the canned "I hate guns and gun owners" missive from Senator Murray, I received the following (which I think is a good sign that someone, somewhere actually might be getting a clue)...

Senator Murray now spends many words to say nothing. I submit that she now understands the significant number of votes that she stands to alienate by blithely jumping on the anti-gun bandwagon...

Sorry, I disagree...she blew you off. Further, I submit that she doesn't care at all or she would have addressed your concerns in context to anything that she is working on....

Grim_Night

Response from Senator Murray‏

[Mark this message as unread] [Delete this message]
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
2/27/13
Reply ▼

Senator@mu​rray.senate​.gov

Add to contacts
To sean_witmer@hotmail.com

Dear Mr. Witmer:

Thank you for contacting my office. Your thoughtful comments are greatly appreciated.

The views of Washingtonians are very important to my work. I will keep your thoughts in mind, and I encourage you to stay in touch. If you would like to know more about my work in the Senate, please feel free to sign up for my weekly updates at http://murray.senate.gov/updates. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

It's still a canned response lol...

rapgood

Sorry, I disagree...she blew you off. Further, I submit that she doesn't care at all or she would have addressed your concerns in context to anything that she is working on....

It's still a canned response lol...

Oh. I agree. It IS still a canned response. It's just not the "I hate all guns and all gun owners" canned response that we've received from her in the past. I take it as a sign that she is, at least, not TRYING to alienate gun owners.

FrayedString

Oh. I agree. It IS still a canned response. It's just not the "I hate all guns and all gun owners" canned response that we've received from her in the past. I take it as a sign that she is, at least, not TRYING to alienate gun owners.

I wouldn't put it past her to have 2 canned responses. 1 for people who write in favor of gun restrictions and one for those opposed. Since she has no common ground with those of us who are opposed to restrictions on RKBA, the canned letter is short.

The problem with testing this theory is someone would have to write a letter in favor of further restrictions on RKBA, and that person certainly won't be me!

sudden valley gunner

I wouldn't put it past her to have 2 canned responses. 1 for people who write in favor of gun restrictions and one for those opposed. Since she has no common ground with those of us who are opposed to restrictions on RKBA, the canned letter is short.

The problem with testing this theory is someone would have to write a letter in favor of further restrictions on RKBA, and that person certainly won't be me!

Send her my Libertarian hands off guns viewpoint and see what she says?....;)