• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Conventions?

tannerwaterbury

Well this coming August is a Star Trek convention in Seattle, and I feel like dressing up. Has anyone here ever OC'ed to a (insert genre here) Convention without hassle? I know that there are a lot of people that dress up and have prop guns, I was just wondering if anyone here has had an issue.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Did the Zombie one last Sept in Tacoma, the hotel said no real guns. It was embarrassing to see adults running around with plastic toys.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I would go for the MadMax twelve gauge, but thats me. The six shooters are always a great look with jeans and a vest and the pink one should go to some female super hero type.

Difdi

I would go for the MadMax twelve gauge, but thats me. The six shooters are always a great look with jeans and a vest and the pink one should go to some female super hero type.

Perhaps a Lone Ranger costume with nickel-plated single action revolvers in the holsters?

Damn, now I'm considering the legality of making a phaser that fires real bullets...

Would probably have to be .22 short or .17 HMR, but you could slot a magazine into the grip and...

Hehehehehehe......

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Maybe a tricked out AR pistol in a thigh rig? Extra lasers in different colors. I still like the shotgun, but there was that pistol grip, short barreled thumper in 40mm. Oh, those were the good times.

tannerwaterbury

Perhaps a Lone Ranger costume with nickel-plated single action revolvers in the holsters?

Damn, now I'm considering the legality of making a phaser that fires real bullets...

Would probably have to be .22 short or .17 HMR, but you could slot a magazine into the grip and...

Hehehehehehe......

Like an Original Series Phaser pistol? That would be wicked! I'd definitely buy it! Matter of fact, I have a pro preassembled working phaser prop made from metal... maybe some sort of conversion can take place? Oh yeah... I am a Geek!

Last edited:

jt59

Difdi