• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB700 will get a vote!!!!!

Fire-FX

I think you may misunderstand where HB 700 is and what's been promised. So far, this year's bill has not made it as far as the bill two years ago did. That bill did make it out of House Committee and died in Calendars. This year's bill is still in House Committee, and the promise of a vote is only on a vote to pass it out of Committee, not a vote in the full House. So far, we have made less progress than we did two years ago. I don't see anything "promising", here.

You are correct. I was thinking this was farther along that it is. Hence the request for a better means to follow this bill. We get 1 News Channel on Armed Forces Network, which rotates thru ALL of the news re-broadcasts back in the states, so one minute you are watching CBS, 30 min later, CNN, 30 min later MSNBC, 30 min later FOX.... It get difficult to follow any news at all. SO, Thank you for the clarification. I have been following this forum for a while now, and decided I may as well register get more involved.

AFCop (I take it that means Air Force Cop), I'm stuck in the lovely township of Kabul. Where are you hanging your headgear, and how long till you rotate back to the real world?

Vurtle

Are there any other persons of influence that can be contacted to push this thing in the right direction?

JKTex

Opt-Out Members
2756 last session was introduced too late, was amended with bad language and was only pushed out of committee to put it down like a rabid dog to get it out of the way. So to speak. :)

700 was introduced early, written correctly (with a committee substitute since it was introduced with the wrong language in error) then got supported to death with a rash of contact to Pickett and apparently other committee members with threats, demands, accusations and all kinds of things that don't get bills moved. If you went through Pickett's Facebook page when it was up, and looked at some of the people commenting, many weren't even effected by it and made it clear the only thing they were told was to make contact. Quite a few showed not only did they not understand the process but the bill either.

It started out as an uphill battle and got knocked down. I'm sure Pickett, who thinks the Constitution is generational, is laughing for flipping off all the so called supporters watching the bill get burned. I think a lot of people that invested time and energy into the first real attempt at OC will think twice about doing it again. People need to educate themselves and chill the ____ out.

I have to say, Lavendar deserves a lot of thanks, especially since he's vowed to keep up the fight. Over the next 2 years, "we" need to be communicating with our Rep's to get on board and sponsor or co-sponsor it and pray the radical element that destroyed it this time stays at bay.

JKTex

Opt-Out Members
Are there any other persons of influence that can be contacted to push this thing in the right direction?

Its dead, unless you have something on Strauss and Pickett that could get them sent to Prison. If you do, use it! :)

Rogue Warrior

<snip> (HB 700) ...then got supported to death with a rash of contact to Pickett and apparently other committee members with threats, demands, accusations and all kinds of things that don't get bills moved. <snip>

This is neither the time nor place to go into details, but I have it on good authority that the above theory had nothing to do with HB 700 being stuck in committee.

JKTex

Opt-Out Members
This is neither the time nor place to go into details, but I have it on good authority that the above theory had nothing to do with HB 700 being stuck in committee.

Then it seems the exactly the time and place to go into details; even he who introduced it made public comments about it.

But unless you're tied in tight with someone on the committee, we're all playing the same guessing game.

rushcreek2

Some degree of success was achieved this session when TSRA stood with us. This is progress.

Concealed carry on campus was, and still is the priority this session , and the political reality translates into a legislative log-jam too tight to allow for HB 700 and a breech in that log-jam that might allow Texas A & M- at least - to achieve CCC.

The political reality in Texas is different than the situation in Oklahoma. I think politics in Oklahoma operates like a state political system - Politics in Texas more closely resembles the political reality of the national process.

I wish it was not so, but this is the reality. Those districts supporting restoration of respect for the 2A, and Article 1, Sections 23/29 are going to have to unite to form a political force that can topple the current "RINO" consensus that patronizes urban perspectives, and predominantly "progressive" higher education constituency.

If this is not accomplished Texans will one day become the de facto "subjects" of Houston, DFW, San Antonio, and El Paso much as Coloradoans presently find themselves the " subjects" of Denver.

Last edited: