• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Old Navy Employees in West Hartford dont like Open Carry...

GARGOYLE

just wanted to let everybody know as the title says,
Old Navy 1459 New Britain ave West Hartford CT 06110
employees doesnt like open carry and are very sensitive to it
they will hassle you....Cops were called but no contact with
me at all and i dont know if Old Navy called or if it was
whoever was getting scared

GARGOYLE

no signs at that time and i wasnt ask to leave
but was asked what was the deal with the gun
and if i was a cop, when i said no they wanted
me to cover it(conceal) due to "scared people"..
this was on fathers day and i was with my 8 yr old
son, i dont feel like concealing so i left after that
even tho i needed to get some more stuff..cops
were parked right in front of the door 2 or 3 cruisers..
i just walked to my car and left and i dont know if
they notice me walking out..

davidmcbeth

Banned
no signs at that time and i wasnt ask to leave
but was asked what was the deal with the gun
and if i was a cop, when i said no they wanted
me to cover it(conceal) due to "scared people"..
this was on fathers day and i was with my 8 yr old
son, i dont feel like concealing so i left after that
even tho i needed to get some more stuff..cops
were parked right in front of the door 2 or 3 cruisers..
i just walked to my car and left and i dont know if
they notice me walking out..

well, everybody did not go crazy ... you left, end of issue.

thx for letting us know that they don't like americans shopping there

brk913

gargoyle-

I realize you are new to the forum. Here is a audio snipet from the DPS Commissioner from a hearing last year stating that if people don't like the fact your carrying openly...tough. Give a listen...........................................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9geV7WMxPw

That was actually one of the members of the Board of Firearm Permit Examiners telling the DESPP representative that they cannot revoke a permit simply for open carrying, there has to be another crime, especially when the complainant came to the alleged "nuisance"....this particular case was about a man who was arrested for stepping out his front door to speak to a guy who was trying to repo his car, the guy had proof he was paid up, went back in the house to get the proof (and put on his gun/shoulder holster) he then came back out to show the proof to the tow driver while wearing the handgun secured in a shoulder holster, the driver "felt uneasy" and called the cops. He was subsequently arrested, I think it was a BOP or Threatening charge they hit him with, guy wound up taking a plea and using AR to keep his record clean, Board went on to say he should have fought the charges in court as in their opinion he broke no laws, they of course returned his permit to him.

Rich B

That was actually one of the members of the Board of Firearm Permit Examiners telling the DESPP representative that they cannot revoke a permit simply for open carrying, there has to be another crime, especially when the complainant came to the alleged "nuisance"....this particular case was about a man who was arrested for stepping out his front door to speak to a guy who was trying to repo his car, the guy had proof he was paid up, went back in the house to get the proof (and put on his gun/shoulder holster) he then came back out to show the proof to the tow driver while wearing the handgun secured in a shoulder holster, the driver "felt uneasy" and called the cops. He was subsequently arrested, I think it was a BOP or Threatening charge they hit him with, guy wound up taking a plea and using AR to keep his record clean, Board went on to say he should have fought the charges in court as in their opinion he broke no laws, they of course returned his permit to him.

http://ctcarry.com/Permits/Unconcealed

http://ctcarry.com/Document/Details/f57c5315-1035-49da-b097-5e751e033459