• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From Florida, how do I carry in Illinois.

cirrusly

Looks like handguns and the magazine restrictions for handguns are indeed preempted. I have it on good authority that police are still enforcing the old magazine restrictions though. I fear Chicago will not change until there are a handful of false arrests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveInCO

Looks like handguns and the magazine restrictions for handguns are indeed preempted. I have it on good authority that police are still enforcing the old magazine restrictions though. I fear Chicago will not change until there are a handful of false arrests.

Believe me it grates on me tremendously that I can (in theory) legally buy a new mag for my carry pistol in fricking downtown Chicago (assuming I can find a seller, but that's a different matter than legality), and I cannot do so here in Colorado. Because the mag capacity is SIXTEEN ROUNDS, one over the limit thankyouverymuchJohnMorseAngelaGironEvieHudakJohnHickeypooperAndTheRestOfYouSubcivilizedTrash. Fortunately I have a metric $#!t tonne of mags for it already.

But oh, no, I am not bitter. Not in the slightest.

Last edited:

Anubis

The only way I can carry in IL outside my vehiclewould be with an IL permit, which is $300 for non-residents. I have looked over the ISP website and could not find how long it takes for an IL permit to expire. Any one here know?

cirrusly

There is a 16 hour education requirement, but if you have other training such as: Certain CCWs from other states, NRA handgun class, IL hunting class, etc you can get credit up to and including 8 of the 16 hours. An Illinois CCW certified instructor will know the details.

Classes range anywhere from $100-$350 throughout the state.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk