• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, what's the plan tomorrow?

Old Virginia Joe

So, we never got a survey response from the GOP fellow for senate. Are we going to ride this mother right into the ditch tomorrow, single-issue suicide, or are we going to do anything of substance to see the Dem voted out of office?

conhntr

OT but you say "single issue suicide" what issues do you side with gillespi over sarvis?

AJG

LOL dont forget... ummm who said it??? Not quoting.... not answering the survey could portray utter distain towards the 2nd Amendmant...

Vote your mind............

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So, we never got a survey response from the GOP fellow for senate. Are we going to ride this mother right into the ditch tomorrow, single-issue suicide, or are we going to do anything of substance to see the Dem voted out of office?

More of the usual Joe. My prediction....Things don't change much.

davidmcbeth

Banned
VA, Senate - 99.96% reporting
Mark Warner49.16%
Democrat1,071,283

Ed Gillespie48.39%
Republican1,054,556

Robert Sarvis2.45%
Libertarian53,396

Guess the GOP should figure out to start embracing more libertarian views ...

conhntr

Tazard that is some faulty logic. He got 2.45% and 53000 votes.
Using your logic Gillespie 48.39% is a looser also he has never once won a political office. If they would only make a "one party" system the "winner" would get 100% of the vote and we can all be happy!!!! Yeah we have no use for anyone that dosnt win so lets have 1 party so we can all always vote with the herd and have 100% victory!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Using your logic Gillespie 48.39% is a looser also he has never once won a political office. If they would only make a "one party" system the "winner" would get 100% of the vote and we can all be happy!!!! Yeah we have no use for anyone that dosnt win so lets have 1 party so we can all always vote with the herd and have 100% victory!

No, I agree with Taz and here's why. I'd love to see Sarvis win but the simple fact is, without money (Which is really what makes the big boys big) he ain't gonna. He's just going to split the vote.

Until we wake up and start voting for the man instead of the party and start holding our representatives accountable for their actions, nothing will change.

People that say they will vote their conscience even when they know it will not only be for a loser but may take away from the better of the bad that has a chance of winning, are no different than people that stand up unarmed to thugs, saying that "Right will protect them". That's called a fools paradise and it never works.

We live in a jungle in this country now.....we better find where the snakes are so we can walk around in it.

va_tazdad

Get a grip fool.

Feel free to move to Iran, Russia, China or Cuba where they already have your beloved one party system. I am sure you will fit in well with your limited mentality based on the above quote.

Repeater

No, I agree with Taz and here's why. I'd love to see Sarvis win but the simple fact is, without money (Which is really what makes the big boys big) he ain't gonna. He's just going to split the vote.

Until we wake up and start voting for the man instead of the party and start holding our representatives accountable for their actions, nothing will change.

People that say they will vote their conscience even when they know it will not only be for a loser but may take away from the better of the bad that has a chance of winning, are no different than people that stand up unarmed to thugs, saying that "Right will protect them". That's called a fools paradise and it never works.

We live in a jungle in this country now.....we better find where the snakes are so we can walk around in it.

What Virginia really needs, in time for the next election, is a Runoff requirement if no one achieves 50%+1.

That could make a third party candidate a vote broker if there were a runoff. The 2 remaining candidates could then compete for the other person's votes and endorsement. What I'm suggesting is similar to Georgia rather than the 'Jungle Primary' free-for-all of Louisiana.

What we have now is unacceptable.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What Virginia really needs, in time for the next election, is a Runoff requirement if no one achieves 50%+1.

That could make a third party candidate a vote broker if there were a runoff. The 2 remaining candidates could then compete for the other person's votes and endorsement. What I'm suggesting is similar to Georgia rather than the 'Jungle Primary' free-for-all of Louisiana.

++1

Thundar

Yes. Sarvis is now a 3 time loser.

Maybe now he will figure it out that Virginia has no use for him in political office, ANY OFFICE.

The republican party is now a 4 time loser! Gov, LT.Gov, Attorney General and US Senator - Maybe now they will figure out that they can watch the democrats lose if they would vote for the party of freedom and liberty - the Libertarian Party!

Repeater

The republican party is now a 4 time loser! Gov, LT.Gov, Attorney General and US Senator - Maybe now they will figure out that they can watch the democrats lose if they would vote for the party of freedom and liberty - the Libertarian Party!

Yes, what you said. Basically, Tucker's for Suckers.

First, fire all the consultants.

Next, stand for something.

Stop being cowards.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well the GOP can always drop out of the next race and all the members can vote for the libertarian party candidate and win !

Easy.

va_tazdad

ROTFLMAO hahahahahahahahahahaha That was a good one.

Oh, wait, you were serious?

My bad. Sorry.

The Truth

I like this. +1

conhntr

Feel free to move to Iran, Russia, China or Cuba where they already have your beloved one party system. I am sure you will fit in well with your limited mentality based on the above quote.

Reading comprehension friend...