• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Christmas Giving

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This thread may get nuked, if so I understand.

Every year I try to give something to someone that really needs it. Not the Salvation Army or anything that will take a chunk, just something that will help someone that has real problems that aren't his making.

Well, this hasn't been a banner year for me after my June adventure so I'm not giving nearly as much as usual.

Recently I ran across a man who is a gun owner, a hunter, a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and is confined to a wheelchair, who depends on deer for much of his food for the year. He gets minimal Social Security and nothing else.

For those that don't know, due to a lot of factors, disease, coyotes and I strongly believe, over hunting, deer kills are way down in a lot of areas. Since his hunting is dependent mostly on organized hunts, he can't just stroll out when he has time like the rest of us and he's come up short so far.

Other hunters have donated deer to him but I picked him for a small cash donation to be sent to the organizer of one of those hunts.

I know cash is tight now, believe me I know.....but if anyone is interested in sending five or ten dollars, PM me and I'll tell you where to send it.

Sorry, no paypal account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Extending the hand of brotherhood to a fellow gunny is never off topic, no matter what the season.

Many of us have seen hard times made easier by the generousity of others. Pass it on I shall. Please remind him that he will never be alone.

J_dazzle23

If you can possibly set up a paypal account for this, I will be the first to send what little I can to it.
I'm even willing to set one up if it would help.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If you can possibly set up a paypal account for this, I will be the first to send what little I can to it.

You can trust peter nap with your check (if you still know where yours are :D ).

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Too little time to set up a dedicated link and bank account - peter nap and the hunters have targeted 12/20 as the giving day.

I have an existing PayPal account that you may use for this if you wish. I will hand the funds to Peter in cash.

PM me for details/address if this works for you.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Too little time to set up a dedicated link and bank account - peter nap and the hunters have targeted 12/20 as the giving day.

I have an existing PayPal account that you may use for this if you wish. I will hand the funds to Peter in cash.

Thanks Grape!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

PM sent.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If a few more people would skip a box of ammo or dinner out, we could help make someone's Christmas a [strike]little[/strike] lot brighter.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Appreciate it much.

I sincerely doubt that there is any group that pulls together better than my brothers and sisters here on OCDO. I get a lump in my throat....I really do.

Grapeshot, thanks for setting this up. I hadn't planned on a Paypal account but looks like it'll be a great help.

Fellows, I missed a couple of PM's which I'll respond to tonight....sorry!

I have two windows to get this to the recipient. One on the 20th and one on the 2nd I think.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot, thanks for setting this up. I hadn't planned on a Paypal account but looks like it'll be a great help.

Fellows, I missed a couple of PM's which I'll respond to tonight....sorry!

I have two windows to get this to the recipient. One on the 20th and one on the 2nd I think.

Thanks to everyone involved.
Will anticpate meeting with you somewhere early on the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] and will keep the thread/gifts active until Dec 30[SUP]th[/SUP].

Let me know if anything needs to be different.

twoskinsonemanns

Appreciate it much.

I sincerely doubt that there is any group that pulls together better than my brothers and sisters here on OCDO. I get a lump in my throat....I really do.

Agreed. I love seeing threads where the forum members pull together to help someone.

On a separate note this is a great opportunity. A personal issue of mine is struggling with finding charitable causes. I hate the idea of giving a buck to a "popular" charity and $0.70 of it going to administrative salaries and what not.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Agreed. I love seeing threads where the forum members pull together to help someone.

On a separate note this is a great opportunity. A personal issue of mine is struggling with finding charitable causes. I hate the idea of giving a buck to a "popular" charity and $0.70 of it going to administrative salaries and what not.
Some as high as $0.98 !!
http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charities/

The really good ones are listed here and you can research by categories.

It is impossible to beat our 100% of funds going to the intended target, but in fairness there is no tax write off. I do prefer giving close to heart and home and Peter Nap's Christmas Giving satisfies that + makes it very personal.....we are the richer for it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Three days left to be part of this before Christmas. Sharing what we have is what we do.