• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry scheduled to be discussed tomorrow morning AM1290 WMCS 8 AM

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I love how I stumped him when I asked "if you have a right to life" (which he agreed) "how can you not have a right to defend that life."

his response "i'll have to get back to you on that one"

apierce918

I liked it when you stumped him too! I was thinking to myself, (about the host) did he really just say that?

He really tried to dwell on the caller who was basically trying to say "its my god given right to self defense" but didnt use the best wording to clarify it, and it seemed like the host cut him off? I'm glad you were able to point that out. Unfortunately, more of what we already knew, the sheep will be sheep and they think everyone is gonna shoot eachother. I hope they never have to defend themselves or their family.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Also interesting to see (hear) what some people really think of the constitution.

That is why its important to (as the called John (wci member) pointed out, make the constitution doesn't give us rights it only guarantees rights we already have as human beings)

People may indeed question the interpretation of the constitution in isolation. But if you read the constitution in consideration of the concepts discussed by its authors you see that 'natural law' does indeed supersede governments.

Government doesn't make it "wrong" to punch someone in the face for no reason, human dignity and respect for your fellow man makes it wrong.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Tell you boss you have more important things to do! ;)

Its an interesting discussion so far. Host is admittedly very anti-carry.

LOL... He left but I didn't get a call through. I wanted to take the rights angle with the host. I also wanted to ask him: "what would bring you around to the gun rights side of the debate?" I think that would be telling in that he is set in his ways and wouldn't agree no matter what facts and statistics said.

Also, a couple of opportunities I believe were missed.

1. If they believe that crime rates don't go down enough to allow CC I think it's important to note that the types of crimes; however, do change drastically. There is a shift away from violent crimes to more nonviolent types.

2. There was a missed opportunity to point out that the crime rate among concealed carriers is exponentially lower than the crime rate among the average citizen.

That being said; Nik, good job as usual!

Last edited:

anmut

Government doesn't make it "wrong" to punch someone in the face for no reason, human dignity and respect for your fellow man makes it wrong.

WOW - thank you for saying that. That's the first time I've heard/read something that I've believed for so long. Government is not a substitute for a moral compass.

Captain Nemo

interpret of constitution

Mosst people treat the constitution as they do the bible, only subscribing to those portions that best support their personal lifestyle. Neither document is of full value unless applied in total.