• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bachmann quits

PistolPackingMomma

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...esidential-race-following-poor-161724564.html

Michele Bachmann announced her exit from the presidential race Wednesday morning following a sixth-place finish in the first-in-the-nation caucus state of Iowa.

"Last night, the people of Iowa spoke with a very clear voice. And so I have decided to stand aside," the Republican representative from Minnesota told reporters during a morning media availability here at the Marriott hotel.

Despite Bachmann's extensive, last-minute tour to visit all 99 of Iowa's counties, her first place finish in the Aug. 13 straw poll, and the state being her place of birth, Iowa Republican caucus voters rejected Bachmann's campaign, handing her 6,073 votes on caucus night--5 percent of the total votes cast in Tuesday night's caucuses.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
This is not surprising. At the very most, she was a long shot to be the GOP nominee. Candidates typically start dropping like flies adter the Iowa and New Hampshire caucuses. What is surprising to me is that Perry didn't quit despite his horible showing in Iowa.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Perry won't quit until he is passed over for the nomination. He is a certifiable megalomaniacal sociopath, and will never admit defeat until he is told by his puppet masters to "go away".

KBCraig

When her crazies join Santorum's crazies, it should be enough to sink his boat.

Seriously... the guy wants to outlaw birth control, and thinks he can be elected?

It's clear now how he lost his Senate seat as an incumbent, by 18 percentage points.

DangerClose

So we end up again with no real choice. The remaining field are no better than the democrats.

Democrats want to end the income tax, end the IRS, end The Fed, end the ATF, secure the borders, no amnesty, are super pro-2nd Amendment, and want to cut a trillion dollars of spending year one?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Perry won't quit until he is passed over for the nomination. He is a certifiable megalomaniacal sociopath, and will never admit defeat until he is told by his puppet masters to "go away".

I've been informed by people I know still connected too the Tin Foil Hat Brigades (poor delusional bastards) that Perry was selected too win, and will win because he is a BurgerBuilder.:p