• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to open carry

stainless1911

Banned
WARCHILD drew up this masterpiece.

CarryChart.jpg

TheQ

I plan on getting my cpl but money is tight right now because I am going through a divorce and custody battle. to your question I believe in order to of in a store like that I would have to have my cpl and it would have to b in plain sight. Rest assured i will only open carry once I know the laws relating to it thoroughly. oh and I would lie to apologize for typing errors. I'm using an iPhone and still have to get used to the on screen keyboard. :p

Well, right and wrong.

You CANNOT carry any place that is licensed to sell alcohol without a CPL without permission (we advise in writing) from the property owner or agent. (period - MCL 750.234d).

With a CPL you can OC or CC in a place like Meijers, Wal-Mart, or your local party store. However, with a CPL you may NOT CC in a place that is classified as a bar or tavern AND has a "primary" source of sales as alcohol sold for on-premises consumption. (MCL 28.425o)

Staying_American

I appreciate the help. normally I would look all this up online but my source of Internet for the time being is the iPhone and I'm still not used to it. lol and thank you for clarifying with the chart. makes it pretty clear on when and where you can oc or cc.

Staying_American

agreed. but my only handgun as of now is a 44 and i'm afraid I would strain something carrying that giant around. again though it will be awhile before I oc and I doubt I will until I get my cpl.

stainless1911

Banned
I OCed a colt .45 in a leg drop for fun a couple times. You get used to it. You can OC without a CPL, but it can be a pain, and you need to know where you are. I started OC before I had a CPL, and by the time I got a CPL I didn't want to conceal. Still don't.

Staying_American

I imagine since I spend alot of my time in tawas city where Boone oc's that I know of I would have quite a few encounters with the police. honestly that doesn't bug me I would rather deal with cops and stop us from becoming a police state but I believe there is probably another post for this conversation. lol

Haman J.T.

Hi-points don't carry much respect amongst gun owners. But -- it's better than nothing.

BTW, without a CPL you can only OC a gun that is registered to you.
My HiPoint 45 is with me 100% of the time! OC 99.9%,CC .1%.No problems and hits where I aim it!I'm sure a 40 S&W will be fine!You have to carry what you can afford and starting with American Made HiPoint is a good place to start!CARRY ON!

HKcarrier

Since we're at it... :D

Gun+girl+SB+1070+rally+in+Phoenix.jpg

OCing THREE guns... ;) (topless OC)

Cassidy_open_carry.png

I know LGOC isn't supposed to be kosher here, but I couldn't resist.. MODs please make exception!! lol (take note, even the GIRLS know that you sling your rifle MUZZLE DOWN)

Buying_Ice_Cream.jpg

Annnnnd some beef caaaaaake for the ladies to be fair... LoL!

blog+pix+080web.jpg

Last edited: