• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

motorcycle carry question since CCW

scorpio_vette

so i know that last year and before we had discussed motorcycle carry, and it was the whole "encase, and where to store it on a motorcycle" deal.

now with CCW, i have new questions that i was curious how others deal with it.

i haven't found any conceal holsters that i've been comfortable with (either in wearing, or in retention), so for now i use a fobus paddle holster. I'm looking into trying some different holsters, but after having gotten my new fobus and wearing it while working on the property, i thought of something.

i don't care if i OC or CC, but i've noticed that when i get dressed, i just "throw" my shirt over and go about my business. then after moving around a bit, my shirt pulls up and over the gun and stays there fully exposing it. ok fine......whatever.
but suddenly i realized.

if i go from being on my property and hop on my bike, my shirt will obviously get blown back while moving, fully exposing my gun. so while i don't really care, i wonder if it would make more sense for me to conceal it, so other motorists don't freak out and call the cops, who end up pulling me over, who end up making me late for my run to the gas station to get cigarettes, etc..etc..etc.. so i've been wondering if perhaps i should get a shoulder holster that i could wear under my vest/jacket, or if i should just put the gun in the inside pocket of my vest (keltec pf-9. small light gun). or do i just say screw it and leave it on my belt???

how are some of you other riders carrying on the bike now that we have the permits???

Trip20

I carry a Glock 30 and two spare mags. The firearm sits in a Crossbreed style holster I made. Earlier this month when we had warm temps I was riding in a t-shirt and the firearm was never exposed. Retention is excellent and adjustable.

f6d47d2d.jpg

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Well I know someone who rode their motorcycle to the WCI meeting in Milwaukee.... gun visible. Maybe he will step forward to talk about it.

Sorcice

I ride a moped and have my full size beretta in a serpa come into view all the time via top open shirt flapping in the wind. Not once been pulled over. If you have ccl don't sweat it. OC is legal if it pops out.

bigdaddy1

Well I know someone who rode their motorcycle to the WCI meeting in Milwaukee.... gun visible. Maybe he will step forward to talk about it.

Wasn't me but I don't have a CC weapon yet (my Ruger .40 is too big) so I ride with my sidearm holster. It has a hammer strap so I feel ok about riding with it.

Deek

I've been doing the OC thing on my bike for a couple of weeks now, holster on hip... still waiting to see lights in the mirror. IIRC though, without a CCL you still have to watch out for school zones, right?

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
You carry what you want to and I'll carry what I want to....

I carry a Glock 30 and two spare mags. The firearm sits in a Crossbreed style holster I made. Earlier this month when we had warm temps I was riding in a t-shirt and the firearm was never exposed. Retention is excellent and adjustable.

f6d47d2d.jpg
Do you prefer IWB or OWB carry for the Leiny? :D

GreenCountyPete

f6d47d2d.jpg

Where do you get your materials , i have a Kholster that looks very much like that , use it every day , works great but i would like more for other guns and if i could make my own that would be even better
what does it cost per holster for materials

Trip20

Where do you get your materials , i have a Kholster that looks very much like that , use it every day , works great but i would like more for other guns and if i could make my own that would be even better
what does it cost per holster for materials

Knifekits.com

Also plenty of YouTube videos to how you how. Dude named PhillyEDC has a few good vids.