• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RB McCoy in fight with cops? -- not arrested (2 cops=lots of broken ribs)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Only if you discount this statement:
While on the ground he was punched, kicked and stomped about his body and head multiple times by all four Suspects

When was the last time a bar brawl was fought according to the Marquis of Queensbury rules?

I do recall that the fight scent between John Wayne and Victor McGaughlin in the movie "The Quiet Man" started that way but I also recall that the rules got thrown out when the first blow was landed.

stay safe.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
At six years old my lieutenant colonel air force uncle taught me the rules of war. The first rule is, there are no rules. The second rule is, read the first rule.

The profession of police officer attracts a mentality of macho men. The position is touted as a law “enforcement” position not a “peace” officer position.

These off duty cops were taught and only understand en-force-ment, hence, bar fight.

solus

Only if you discount this statement:

a. Bar fight ~ three impeccably in shape football players paid to take a beating weekly against 2 probably tipsy nice LE who might, just might think about staying fit.
b. the individual on the ground apparently survived~quote: Complainant #1 transported himself to the hospital where he was treated for a laceration to his right eye, broken nose, broken ribs and a sprained thumb. unquote
c. apparently getting "stomped' ain't what it used to be as he survived!!

my daddy used to say if they are bigger and fitter than you...buy them a drink and personally serve it with a smile and then go sit down and grumble quietly.

i will give the nice LEs the benefit of the doubt they weren't stuck on elitist LE stupid of you must obey cuz we are LE and blame it on being tipsy which invoked the elitist stupidity coming from their vocal cords.

ipse

Last edited:

HPmatt

When was the last time a bar brawl was fought according to the Marquis of Queensbury rules?

I do recall that the fight scent between John Wayne and Victor McGaughlin in the movie "The Quiet Man" started that way but I also recall that the rules got thrown out when the first blow was landed.

stay safe.

I like Butch Cassidy rules better

http://youtu.be/NPqhm36sjVE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk