• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeowner shoots Robber to death in Home Invasion Robbery in Midland

superdeluxe

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crim...in-reported-home-invasion-robbery-in-midland/

One man is dead and another on the run after a homeowner fired shots during a reported home-invasion robbery this morning in the Midland area.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said one of the suspected robbers was killed at the scene in the 6100 block of 72nd Street Court East.

The incident was reported shortly after 6:30 a.m. Two suspects forced their way into the home and pistol-whipped the homeowner, Troyer said.

The homeowner managed to get a gun and fired some rounds.

Troyer said one of the suspects was hit and killed. Another fled the scene. Deputies searched for the second suspect but so far, have not located him.

Troyer said it was not immediately known whether a failure-to-yield call on state Route 167 was related.

It wasn't immediately known whether the Midland home had been targeted by the suspects or the robbery was random.

The identity of the dead man also wasn't known.

We'll update this blog post when more information becomes available.

Good for the home owner!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crim...in-reported-home-invasion-robbery-in-midland/

<snip>...The homeowner managed to get a gun and fired some rounds.

<snip>...It wasn't immediately known whether the Midland home had been targeted by the suspects or the robbery was random.

Good for the home owner!

First, this is a good reason to wear your sidearm while in your home and on your property.

Second, it appears the story has been updated...(and nearly 85% of 'crime' is not random, but carries some connecting/aquaintanence factor).

Investigators believe the home-invasion robbery was not random, Troyer said.
"Usually houses are targeted," he said.
Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crim...me-invasion-robbery-in-midland/#ixzz14FwaxuFs

amlevin

First, this is a good reason to wear your sidearm while in your home and on your property.

Second, it appears the story has been updated...(and nearly 85% of 'crime' is not random, but carries some connecting/aquaintanence factor).

All the more reason to not be so "proud" of your gun collection with your friends and neighbors.

Deleted_User

snip ...

MAJOR +1

When I get home, on goes the shoulder rig and I carry until I go to sleep. This neighbor"hood" I am in these days isn't far from Midland either. This one is a tad close to home. To quote ...

"all power is inherent in the people ... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

Last edited:

amlevin

anyone care to try and explain to me what is wrong with this comment?

:eek::eek::eek:

He can wear one of these on his uniform after this comment

captain_obvious.jpg